Matthew Walters
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jason,

There is a group that I've recently started gaming with that meets in the Reitz Union on campus on Wedensday evenings from about 6pm-midnight (or when everyone calls it a night). They also have an all day event on the 3rd Saturday of each month I think, though I haven't yet been to one. The Wednesday nights I've been to had 3 or 4 tables going at once and I got a chance to play a few games I hadn't played before. The group is run by the gentleman below; you could always PM him if you had any specific questions.

The root of all evil... but you can call me cookie.
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb

There is a BGG guild for the group at http://boardgamegeek.com/guild/682 and I believe they have a FB page if you search for Gainesville Gamers.

I do not know about Mega's group. I haven't had the best interactions when I've stopped by but that could just be me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
/|\ Roland /|\
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I haven't had the best interactions when I've stopped by but that could just be me.

And I thought it was just me too. I am in town about once or twice a year to visit my in laws who live there, and since Mega is within walking distance I usually walk over there just to smell the cardboard and placate my withdrawal symptoms from not gaming for a week.

When I asked about if they had any board gaming sessions there last time I was in, the guy looked at me like I had grown a second head since the words "Magic" or "Warhammer" were not invoked. It was enough to make me feel not welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
bakuzjw wrote:
Thanks for all the info! I PM thoia about the meetups at the reitz union.

Not sure he'll be on more today and works a lot.

You can PM me too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Ice
United States
San Jose
CALIFORNIA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are in luck Jason the group in Gainesville is pretty great. Definitely the best part of the town.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The root of all evil... but you can call me cookie.
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Thanks to everyone who responded and got info out to Jason.

Thanks to Jason for coming out tonight it was good meeting you. See you again this Sat. for our all day gaming thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
callie williams
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I know this thread is old, but I saw that the OP isn't in the Meet-up group. We were the group that was meeting at Mega. We weren't a Mega run group that was just where we met. That might be why the counter guys looked at you funny. Anyway, we're meeting at Gamers HQ on most Sundays Noon-6pm and starting in May we're going to meet at Sweet Berry on 5th and 441 the 1st of each month. http://www.meetup.com/Gainesville-Gaming/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.