Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure I have this right, but I wanted to double check. At the end of the game the rules say "Each player now completes his three task tiles".

If the player does not meet the requirements for a task tile is it still completed? In the margin it also says "At game end, complete the remaining three task tiles (6, 4, or 0 VP each)" which indicates that you could complete a tile, scoring 0 points.

I'm assuming that you really cannot "complete" a tile for 0 points, and thus it wouldn't count toward the 6-point bonus at the end for completing all 9 tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Right. During the game you also can "complete" a tile for 0 points (you have to complete a task every round, after all, whether you can or not). There is a statement somewhere in the rules that a task you get 0 points for is discarded, so it doesn't count for the bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tiles which score you 0 points don't count towards the bonus for completing all your task tiles. Specifically, if you score 0 on the task you discard it, whereas the tiles you "complete" for points get stacked in your "completed" pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you complete them each in turn order possibly drawing a new one each time? Or do you just attempt to complete each one without drawing a new one?

As odd as it may seem the rules, by simply referring us back to step 4 of the round end process, imply that we repeat the entire process of completing the three tiles one at a time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheOneTrueZeke wrote:
Do you complete them each in turn order possibly drawing a new one each time? Or do you just attempt to complete each one without drawing a new one?

There's nothing to draw, the board is empty, all the task tiles were cleared at the end of round 6. Everyone has their full 9 already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Chan
Hong Kong
New Castle
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand as well

Every round end complete one task tile , round 6 complete all task tiles, i.e. First 5 round "1", round 6 "3", so only 5+3=8 tiles , so how can complete 9 task tiles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joecmk wrote:

Every round end complete one task tile , round 6 complete all task tiles, i.e. First 5 round "1", round 6 "3", so only 5+3=8 tiles , so how can complete 9 task tiles?

No, round 6 you complete 1 task tile. Then, you take another task, giving you three again. Then round 6 ends, triggering the end of the game.

NOW you complete your final 3 tasks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Chan
Hong Kong
New Castle
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
joecmk wrote:

No, round 6 you complete 1 task tile. Then, you take another task, giving you three again. Then round 6 ends, triggering the end of the game.

Oh I see now, thanks Steve!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Cicero
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
joecmk wrote:

Oh nice. I read through the rules yesterday but completely overlooked this subtle detail. Now I understand how you can achieve the 9 task tile objective.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.