Jason Treadway

North Carolina
msg tools
Is this a strategy to utilize? If you know the Imperial Army will switch hands is it wise to keep their supply train as far away as possible so when it does switch hands they can not reconquer parts of Frances objectives.

France won last night. Friedrich would have won the next turn but France drove into Liepzig the retreated North to conquer her objectives and just won. The turn before the imperial Army could have occupied key France objectives in the south but could not because the supply train was too far way. Is this why the Imperial Army supply train can guard objectives like a general?

Thank you for the clarification on the tie rule, it came up and I wasnt 100%.

Best game I ever played. It was the first time I played it last night. I played with another person. Is it ever wise for France to ignore her objectives and assist Austria? How can Sweden win? What is the best strategy for Russia? is it a good play to always max out your troop numbers every turn? If friedrich is playing defensively were is her greatest threat coming from?

Again I loved this game. The map is incredible, the cards add randomness and the game came down to the last move. Kudos to the creator of this perfect game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn von Knorring
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
The picture is a swedish cartoon-figure Herman Hedning. English info here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herman_Hedning
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: France won because the Imperial Army supply train was out of touch with there army.
Right now I don't have time to answer your question but I can advice you to start exploring this magnificent game with this excellent guide;

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/51467/improved-strategy-gu...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anton Telle
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phu, I do not really understand what you (Jason) are talking about. I will try sentence by sentence:

Quote:
If you know the Imperial Army will switch hands is it wise to keep their supply train as far away as possible so when it does switch hands they can not reconquer parts of Frances objectives.

Quote:
The turn before the imperial Army could have occupied key France objectives in the south but could not because the supply train was too far way.

The Imperial Army can never reconquer objectives from France! They are allies! Do you know how the Imperial Army switches players? It seems to me that you think the Imperial Army switches to the Prussian player. That would be wrong. It switches to the player who otherwise would be out of the game. Also, the Imperial Army cannot occupy objectives from Allies (see Rules, chapter 5 "No unfair conduct").
Other notes: You know, that generals can conquer and reconquer objectives without being in supply?

Quote:
France drove into Liepzig the retreated North to conquer her objectives and just won.

I'm not sure whether you made a rules mistake here: The winner of the battle retreats the looser. So, if Prussia won the fight it would have probably not retreated the French general to the North towards its last objectives, but rather to the South or West.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Treadway

North Carolina
msg tools
Poor choice of words. France did not "retreat" they just moved North after Leipzig. the Imperial Army switched to Prussia from a COF card. I played a couple things WRONG.

1. I landed generals on supply trains.
2.I didn't allow generals to conquer or reconquer with out being in supply.
3. Probably something else too.

It was my first time playing and look forward to playing again very soon

Thank you for the feedback
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MLeis
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skinnyboxer wrote:
the Imperial Army switched to Prussia from a COF card.
There's still something wrong here. Could you look up the card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Delano
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skinnyboxer wrote:
Poor choice of words. France did not "retreat" they just moved North after Leipzig. the Imperial Army switched to Prussia from a COF card. I played a couple things WRONG.

The Imperial Army can only switch to France or Russia, not Prussia. The Imperial Army will always be dedicated to fighting Prussia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Note: The Imperial Army never switches to Prussia. It switches to the Russian/Swedish player if both are out of the game or it switches to the French player if he is out of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Treadway

North Carolina
msg tools
Ok I played again last night as Friedrich and lost badly. We followed the rules to the letter. I did have one question, can you play as many TC's as you want in a battle? For example if I am down by 2 can I play a 7+4+6 ?

I tried to use the map and slash and run with Prussia. I played defensively
and tried to be patient and disciplined but could not. Hannover was a
powerhouse and didnt need a lot of help but I I helped anyway. I tried to send generals with 1 troop deep in the east and west to try to bait my
enemies and lose badly in battles. Then I thought I could then just remove them the game while playing only 1 or 2 cards were my enemy would use 3 or 4. This didnt work at all and Russia won pretty easily. Sweden won a nasty earearly battle and soon we had to check the victory conditions for Sweden and I think I have a firm grip on that. In the end I had very few cards and Russia and Austria's stack was huge. I knew then my turns were numbered.

I love this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn von Knorring
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
The picture is a swedish cartoon-figure Herman Hedning. English info here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herman_Hedning
mbmbmbmbmb
Skinnyboxer wrote:
Ok I played again last night as Friedrich and lost badly. We followed the rules to the letter. I did have one question, can you play as many TC's as you want in a battle? For example if I am down by 2 can I play a 7+4+6 ?

You can play as many cards as you want as long as you have a negative score.

So if you´re Prussia and fights Austria and you are down 11 points you can play a 2-card and be down by 9. It´s your turn again, you play a 4. You are down with 5 so it´s your turn. You play a 7 and are up with 2 so it´s Austrias turn to play or choose not to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Treadway

North Carolina
msg tools
Thank you Bjorn that is very clear now. I played tonight again and another thing came up. What if 2 enemy generals move next to 1 enemy general in different cities. Does the first general that lands next to the enemy fight?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anton Telle
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The attacker chooses with which general he or she wants to fight first. If the attackers' first general loses the second general has to fight.

Remember also: If a nation defeats one general, he cannot be attacked a second time during the same nations turn. Example: Austria attacks a Prussian general and retreats him adjacent to another Austrian general. This other Austrian general cannot attack the Prussian general during this turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Treadway

North Carolina
msg tools
Hallo Anton, vielen Dank fuer deine Antwort! Das ist jetzt klar, besten Dank. Was passiert allerdings wenn ich angreife beispielsweise mit Friedrich, und genau zwischen zwei Gegnern desselben Landes stehe. Muss ich mit beiden kaempfen, zB jeweils einer oesterreichischen Truppe oder kann ich entscheiden? ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anton Telle
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hallo Jason.
In der Situation gilt ähnliches: Du als Angreifer entscheidest, welchen Gegner du zuerst angreifst. Gewinnst du den ersten Kampf, musst du auch noch den zweiten Kampf kämpfen. Das geht solange, bis kein General mehr neben dir steht, gegen den du noch nicht gekämpft hast, oder bis du einen Kampf verlierst. Für die Reihenfolge ist es auch nicht relevant, ob die Gegner verschiedenen Nationen angehören.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.