Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Myers
United States
Plymouth
Michigan (MI)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello All,

I saw that on the base page for A Game of Thrones: The Card Game it says 2-4 players but I saw in a forum or two someone mention 5 players.

What is the maximum amount of players that can play and what expansions increase the base count of 4.

Thank you all for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelo D'Elia
Brazil
Rio De Janeiro
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if you're using the melee format from the core set, you could simply add more decks (if you want different house cards, you'd get Kings of The Sea and Princes of The Sun) and nothing would really stop you from playing with 6p.

I would not advise it though, as it would increase chaos and downtime too much.

The Kings of The Sea contains a new format of play, Kingsmoot, that supports 6 players also. It doesn't help too much with the downtime problem though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Håkan König
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Technically 6 people can play. At a minimum, you need A Game of Thrones: The Card Game – Kings of the Sea (for Greyjoy) and A Game of Thrones: The Card Game – Princes of the Sun (Martell). A second copy of the base game would also be useful in order to balance the decks properly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Myers
United States
Plymouth
Michigan (MI)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies! I appreciate it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davi Rosa
Brazil
Brasília
DF
flag msg tools
badge
From the Dungeons and Dragons 80's cartoon. If only it was remade...
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't use the roles, there is no limit to the number of players actually. However, even though the multiplayer game is interesting, it is just too darn long.
I'm a joust (2-player game) fan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.