Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Seth Pontiff
United States
Houma
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone suggest a good deck box to put the Fantastic Four expansion in after it has been sleeved with Mayday Premiums?

Also, do you think Upper Deck will create a storage solution for all cards in the future?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rutger ter Maten
Netherlands
Delft
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've put all the cards in the base box. I used the insert from the Dark City expansion as the row divider in that box.
All my cards are sleeved with Ultra Pro deck protectors, don't think they're much smaller than the Mayday ones.

If this franchise continues to do well I'm almost certain we'll see storage solutions from upper deck, but we might not have enough expansion yet for them to be sure about seling those sollutions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Wickstrom
msg tools
mb
My Dark City insert did not fit in the original box. It would warp the insert and bow it. I took out all inserts from the original box and put as many cards on one side. I put the rest on the other side and used some packing material so the cards would not fall over. Not the best solution. I hate how UD did not think this through. The original plastic insert is stupid and does not fit all the cards. They need to come out with some sort of better insert to fit the original box. I would use the Dark City box but you cannot fit the board in it. Lame on Upper Deck's part.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rutger ter Maten
Netherlands
Delft
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bwick503 wrote:
My Dark City insert did not fit in the original box. It would warp the insert and bow it. I took out all inserts from the original box and put as many cards on one side. I put the rest on the other side and used some packing material so the cards would not fall over. Not the best solution. I hate how UD did not think this through. The original plastic insert is stupid and does not fit all the cards. They need to come out with some sort of better insert to fit the original box. I would use the Dark City box but you cannot fit the board in it. Lame on Upper Deck's part.

Seriously? I have no warping issue whatsoever!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fryd Pickles wrote:
Also, do you think Upper Deck will create a storage solution for all cards in the future?

No. The Dark City box has plenty of room for expansions, so I think it's their intention for you to put the smaller expansions in the Dark City box. If you don't have Dark City, then I know the FF cards all fit in the original box just fine (because that's where I've been keeping my FF cards and the original/insert was designed to hold more cards than it came with).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Wickstrom
msg tools
mb
Darth,

Who wants to carry around multiple boxes when they go to play Legendary. They needed to create a box like Dark city but big enough to hold the board. My Dark City cardboard insert does not fit in my original box. And, that plastic insert they put in the original box is dumb. There is not one slot that can hold all of the heroes, you have to split them up. It's lame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bwick503 wrote:
Who wants to carry around multiple boxes when they go to play Legendary. They needed to create a box like Dark city but big enough to hold the board. My Dark City cardboard insert does not fit in my original box. And, that plastic insert they put in the original box is dumb. There is not one slot that can hold all of the heroes, you have to split them up. It's lame.

I'm not sure why you're directing your comment at me, but I'll respond anyway.

I routinely carry my original Legendary box and my Dark City box around for game nights. Would I prefer it if everything fit into one box for easier transportation and storage? Sure! But it doesn't seem likely to me that Upper Deck will ever sell big giant empty boxes for that purpose. The profit margin on big empty boxes is too small.

I think your best bet is to buy some generic deck boxes like these:

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/146005
http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/146008

That's what a lot of Magic the Gathering players do, I think.

Your other option is to design your own insert using foam core. Check out these tutorial videos:

http://www.orderofgamers.com/using-foamcore-part-1

For the record, I disagree that the insert for the original Legendary box is "dumb." I think it's one of the best inserts in any game I've purchased. It's not perfect, but it's better than most. Have you seen the box Android: Netrunner comes in?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep my full set in a Resident Evil DBG Mercenaries box. Plenty of room still for a couple of more expansions there since I have foam blocks taking up spaces/filling it up for now. Board doesn't fit in there, but oh well, lugging one box + board > lugging multiple boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Based off something I saw another BGG user do, I cut up the lid from Dark City to make dividers for the base set box to make this:

Everything fits, sleeved, with room for another expansion or two.

I took this picture before I got my FF expansion. But the heroes are currently in the middle section with the baddies going with the others on the left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Wickstrom
msg tools
mb
Itai,

That looks great. Your dividers look really good. Where did you get those? And is that foam, the foam that came in the original box?

I have mine like that. I took out the original plastic insert and have them lined up on one side. I do not know how your cards go two full lengths of the box? Mine only go one full length and then the villains and masterminds on one side. Maybe because you have them sleeved and I do not.

Good idea to cut up the Dark City to create a divider.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, man!

The dividers are ones I edited based off of Adam's ones available in the files section.

The foam is from the core set and Dark City.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My OCD sense gets triggered by the cards not being organized alphabetically blush .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Wickstrom
msg tools
mb
Itai,

Can you provide a link to those dividers. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rutger ter Maten
Netherlands
Delft
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bwick503 wrote:
Itai,

I'm not Itai but I think it's these:

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/92469/marvel-flavored-sdnm...

or

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/92468/marvel-flavored-ccur...

depending on how you want to sort them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BorisjeNL wrote:
bwick503 wrote:
Itai,

I'm not Itai but I think it's these:

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/92469/marvel-flavored-sdnm...

or

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/92468/marvel-flavored-ccur...

depending on how you want to sort them.

Yup. I used the SDNM variation as the basis for my edits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.