Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Paterno
United States
Coatesville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I am planning on picking up Dawn of the Zeds in the next couple of weeks. I am intrigued with the solitaire play but I would also like to try playing with a friend or 2 down the road. I downloaded the rulebook and there are no cooperative rules that I can find although on VP's website it states "with cooperative multi-player play included". Just curious if anyone could chime in on possible cooperative play rules. Or is it as simple as having each person control a single hero?

Either way, I am getting the game

TIA,
billpa
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwick VonVeederVeld
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
pg 25 (16.4)

although the rules are just to give someone authority in case there is a disagreement....the game itself is difficult enough that it is enjoyable to play it with a friend and brainstorm on how best to proceed...

hope that helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Sorenson
United States
Springfield
VT: VERMONT
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Having each player control a hero (or several) would be awkward as you would have to determine who had final say on the actions of "your" heroes and some players might go for round after round without activating any of their heroes.

It makes far more sense to do as the rules suggest and perform actions with each player (starting with the FIRST player) taking a single action and then passing to the next player (the FIRST player token moving at the end of each action phase).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theron Seckington
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm...I bet we can do better...

I would suggest: Draw 6 heroes randomly BUT let the first player pick one, the second player pick theirs, and so on. If you have less players than the scenario dictates you should draw heroes, draw the remainder randomly.

Players who have heroes are the sole controller of those heroes. Other players may of course threaten, cajole, and implore their fellows to take certain actions but ultimately each player who has a hero is the only one who may take actions with that hero.

Additional heroes may be used by any player.

This should balance the challenge of Dawn of the Zeds - the incredible amount of information the game throws at you is spread out among multiple people - with the challenge of budgeting what each powerful Hero unit can do.

I throw myself upon the scrutiny of the community, as usual.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool ideas, Theron.
I always thought that if I could re-engineer the game as a multi-player I might go with each player being responsible for a track. They would also have assigned units - maybe a Hero and two Civs - and these could be moved around as the player wished. So help could be sent to other players, but ultimate responsibility would be in holding the assigned track. Resources - ammo, supplies, etc. - would come from a central pool and shared. If the Zeds hit Town Center, everyone loses. Then it's a matter of degree of losing for each player. So plenty of backstabbing and ass-saving opportunities!
Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.