A Distant Plain» Forums » Rules

Subject: What can and can´t Talibans do in Pakistan? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luis E. Hernández

Puerto de Sagunto, Valencia, SPAIN
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, but I am still a little confused regarding this...
I understand that Talibans in Pakistan can Rally there, March from there and place Control markers, but, what other things can they do there? I suppose they can´t do Sharia or place Opposition markers, is it right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no point in them doing Sharia or placing Opposition markers.

We did rule that they can do Extort in Pakistan, however this does activate the Guerrilla which exposes them to Airstrikes (which represents Coalition use of airpower across the border or the Pakistani Army, not otherwise shown, sweeping the area).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Butler
United States
Fort Walton Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically, you can do any operation that makes sense...but Opposition/Sharia doesn't make sense in Pakistan. The Pashtun/non-Pashtun stuff still applies in Pakistan though (I believe one of the Pakistan places is non-Pashtun?). Also, if you want, you can place Taliban Control markers...I never do because if there are any pieces in Pakistan, it is Taliban control of that space, but note that conditions that require Taliban control without other caveats do include Pakistan (again, as long as it makes sense...ie, not Sharia/Opposition). This is particularly important when using the bot for the Taliban...although it might come up in other situations as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
... one of the Pakistan places is non-Pashtun?

Correct, Balochistan is not Pashtun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis E. Hernández

Puerto de Sagunto, Valencia, SPAIN
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to all! I think I played well after all
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.