Popular Tags: [View All]
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've purchased some KD miniatures from the boutique shop.

Because I gave up keeping track of the KS Comments long ago does anyone know if any of the independent miniatures will be incorporated into the game at some point? I think the Storm Knight could be rather fitting...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Schep
Netherlands
Amersfoort
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't think Adam is thinking about any of that at the moment. From what I can tell his full focus is on getting the game to the backers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
scott Murray
Australia
Ridgewood
West Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saviour
Dung Beetle Knight
Nightmare Ram (when released)

From the sold out list:
Butcher
Flower Knight
Kings hand
Great game hunters (IIRC)
Kings man
Lion Knight
man-hunter
gorm
scribe
white lion
twilight knight

Not too sure about the new releases with the ninjas and storm knight

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Regardless if you have the figures, you still need the game content, i.e. event cards,A.I. deck, etc, etc, to use them. Not a good idea of getting just the figure if you are hoping to use them in the game.....

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hellena Handbasket
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC, Adam mentioned including blank card templates for people to make up their own monsters to include in their games, as well, which means you could always have a go at making a personal Storm Knight AI deck until the actual rules for the model come out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian S.
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adam mentioned in the KS comments a little while ago that some of the figures (Nightmare Ram, Storm Knight, etc.) could possibly be included in future expansions...but this is still a ways off from happening.
I took it as a reassurance to fans that he plans on supporting the game past the Kickstarter delivery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rando Commando
msg tools
BUMP

I was just hypothesizing this and heard rumors, but the Storm Knight idea is cool. I was thinking about this topic and ran across this, I would not be surprised if KD put out an "Expieriment of Death: Game Pack" or something that were components/additions for the non-game minis.

I also think things will go heavily towards fan-driven with a few very official KD scenarios a year or so..?
Until Kingdom Death: Hero hits (I hope on KS). So people will find awesome uses for all the boutique minis. I'm thinking (because the kits might be too fiddly at times) too just use the pinups and assembled kits as survivors. I want another Twilight Knight... hell I have a TK Hobbit Allison from Myth.. lol.

I was thinking wet nurse, foresaker, Illuminated lady.. basically anything that's not a pinup, besides saviors, listed on the site is all fair game to have components made. Many maybe destined to be OOP now..??

It is also very Organic, so would be easy to homebrew as there really are not as many set parameters to follow. The cards fuel the game, everything listed there and a scorepad. Extremelly easy to homebrew. Color template will allow for awesome .pdfs that will be "toner friendly" color schemes. (-black). Any flaws the community will quickly fix. Homebrews, boutique mini rules, community one-shot challenges with custom item cards.

It reminds me of a mmorpg's bastard board game child. Very community driven.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone found a use for the sprues themselves... o.O

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
knightshade wrote:
Illuminated lady

She's part of a monster.

Kickstarter Comments 29/Dec/2012 wrote:
"The illuminated lady is currently not suited for plastic. The details on her face and the subtle folds in her skin are far too fine. She would look like a blurry faced statue of venus holding a lantern. Sorry, I have plans to revisit her one day when I finalize the designs for the larger monster she is part of."

Play unplluged Interview wrote:
"Like the illuminated lady, a naked lady with a lantern, modeled after a neoclassical statue. Like a siren, if you get to close, its lantern starts to drain your lantern, and then it gets dark, and something bad happens to you."

http://www.playunplugged.com/2013/02/interview-adam-poots-of...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dahak wrote:
knightshade wrote:
Illuminated lady

She's part of a monster.

Kickstarter Comments 29/Dec/2012 wrote:
"The illuminated lady is currently not suited for plastic. The details on her face and the subtle folds in her skin are far too fine. She would look like a blurry faced statue of venus holding a lantern. Sorry, I have plans to revisit her one day when I finalize the designs for the larger monster she is part of."

Play unplluged Interview wrote:
"Like the illuminated lady, a naked lady with a lantern, modeled after a neoclassical statue. Like a siren, if you get to close, its lantern starts to drain your lantern, and then it gets dark, and something bad happens to you."

http://www.playunplugged.com/2013/02/interview-adam-poots-of...

That sounds awesome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Boehm
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Color me clueless, or at least over-enthusiastic, but I've been picking up the one-off miniatures as they've been available on the store, not knowing they're effectively useless without the AI cards, hit location cards, resource cards, et cetera.

I'm holding out hope for Poots to sell card packs with all the cards needed to run various monsters or character classes. If not, guess I'll have to make up custom cards for all of them. No way I'm going to let all these minis sit on the shelf forever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
Zephyr40k wrote:
Color me clueless, or at least over-enthusiastic, but I've been picking up the one-off miniatures as they've been available on the store, not knowing they're effectively useless without the AI cards, hit location cards, resource cards, et cetera.

I'm holding out hope for Poots to sell card packs with all the cards needed to run various monsters or character classes. If not, guess I'll have to make up custom cards for all of them. No way I'm going to let all these minis sit on the shelf forever.

Adam has unfortunately already said several times that logistically, he's going to have to keep the resin models and game related materials separate from each other and is unable to sell the game cards separate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Boehm
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Elyklord wrote:
Zephyr40k wrote:

Adam has unfortunately already said several times that logistically, he's going to have to keep the resin models and game related materials separate from each other and is unable to sell the game cards separate.

True; which doesn't seem to make any sense, as he is then forgoing a significant amount of revenue. He could have people pay $25 for the resin mini now, or $50 for the mini (plastic or resin) along with rules, later; I imagine a significant number of people who buy a $25 resin mini now will not bother with the full $50 expansion pack later.

If he was to sell PDF copies of the scans of the cards and rules, so we can make our own versions, that would be useful.

But it's OK.... only a matter of time until scans of the cards and rules for the expansions make their way onto the internet anyways. Then I'll be able to take my resin minis off the shelf finally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Solo
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see Adam selling gameplay cards for the Resin minis way down the road. I think he said it would be a logistical nightmare to try to include them into each kickstarter box pledge... but later on it would only make sense to sell to people who want it... (Cardboard is cheap!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
Zephyr40k wrote:
But it's OK.... only a matter of time until scans of the cards and rules for the expansions make their way onto the internet anyways. Then I'll be able to take my resin minis off the shelf finally.

I find this hard to believe honestly. The rulebooks? Sure, I wouldn't be surprised to see PDF versions of some of them (maybe put up by Adam himself). But with each monster having 25 AI cards, 25 hit cards, unique resource cards, unique hunt events, etc etc...

How many games do you know get the FULL scans of all the cards up on this site? No publisher or game designer allows that sort of thing. Ghost Stories? BattleCON? Betrayal at House on the Hill? None of these games have full scans up like you're talking about, and considering how anti-spoiler Adam is, I definitely don't see it happening here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It will take a very long time to scan everything in the box.... Some may try... But none will do it quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.