13 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Kate + Voice Pad rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Travis Day
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So I wasn't originally impressed with the card set released in the newest datapack. However I've been playing a ton of Kataman lately, including winning my local plugged in with it, and it occured to me that this card is instantly free money in a Kate deck since it only takes 1 event to break even and everything else is gravy. Couple that with the new card Eureka which I'm a bit skeptical of but it did lead me to think, Eurekas only real purpose in life is to combo with Test Run (or Motivation but I mean really) and since both of those can also leverage the Voice Pad to get an early aggresion + econ game going, I wanted to put forward a rough deck idea.

Voice Pad + heavy event driven econ/program installs. Change up the Pro Contacts card draw for Event card draw, QT + Diesel, use DL + SG, Test Run + Eureka for early aggression + installs as needed.

Seems like Kate could leverage this little piece of Hardware to really get the ball rolling even faster than normal. What are other peoples thoughts here? Also this deck would certainly be porting in lots of assorted breakers from other factions, obviously fem, possibly a Morning Star, but what else do you guys think should be included in this Very vague deck idea?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Duncan
United Kingdom
Ellon
Aberdeenshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem with Eureka + Test Run is that the only cost-effective things it works with are Femme, Morningstar and Leviathan, and I doubt you'd be running Morningstar or Leviathan on their own merit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Fetterkey
msg tools
mb
Indalamar wrote:
So I wasn't originally impressed with the card set released in the newest datapack. However I've been playing a ton of Kataman lately, including winning my local plugged in with it, and it occured to me that this card is instantly free money in a Kate deck since it only takes 1 event to break even and everything else is gravy.

Not really-- you have to count the click that you used to play VoicePAD and potentially the card draw that you used for VoicePAD and the Kate recurring cred that you used on it instead of something else. Compare VoicePAD to other economy cards that you aren't running beforehand-- in most cases, I think those other cards will prove a stronger option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Berton
Canada
flag msg tools
legroove wrote:
The problem with Eureka + Test Run is that the only cost-effective things it works with are Femme, Morningstar and Leviathan, and I doubt you'd be running Morningstar or Leviathan on their own merit.

Morningstar is pretty dang good if you can get it out for cheap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel D
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why run Eureka here when you can Test Run -> Scavenge for less credits and clicks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Linnell
United States
Bedford
NH
flag msg tools
I really need a new badge, avatar, and overtext. GM me with any ideas....
badge
This is the seahorse valley
mb
Eureka is for Motivating your Monolith or Blackguard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dovian wrote:
Why run Eureka here when you can Test Run -> Scavenge for less credits and clicks?

Yeah, unless youre also trying to Eureka out some huge hardware, its much better to Scavenge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think Eureka is going to shine as a way to drop big hardware with Motivation. Otherwise it really is a poor way to sub for the missing part of the test run/scavenge combo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
KC
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
Alexfrog wrote:
Dovian wrote:

Yeah, unless youre also trying to Eureka out some huge hardware, its much better to Scavenge.

Or an expensive resource (I overlooked that Eureka! can install resources until someone here on BGG pointed it out). Only thing is that I don't think resources expensive enough to justify it exist currently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asterisk CGY
msg tools
Agent Archer wrote:
Alexfrog wrote:
Dovian wrote:

Or an expensive resource (I overlooked that Eureka! can install resources until someone here on BGG pointed it out). Only thing is that I don't think resources expensive enough to justify it exist currently.

Liberated accounts?
Make hard at work somewhat useful?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
AsteriskCGY wrote:
Liberated accounts?
Make hard at work somewhat useful?

Hard at Work isn't expensive enough for Eureka to be worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Day
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was inspired by a different thread to make a Kate ice destruction deck which also happened to perfectly incoporate the Data Pad and initial testing makes me quite fond of it... in that specific deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.