Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Ostman
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok - first games in last night. We managed to actually play with 10 - 4vs4 1 captain a side. What an awesome game.

Had one odd situation. One team (us) wanted to tractor then fire and the other team wanted to tractor. So we yell tractor! They, per the rules, say, we would also like to tractor. But we also want to fire. So - we just took turns. First we tractored, then they did, then we fired. Is this correct?

What about if we decided, after learning that they wanted to tractor, that we would actually like to fire first. Can we change our mind?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Engelstein
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
Pit Crew avaialble now! The Expanse coming in October!
badge
Ludology Host and Dice Tower Contributor
mbmbmbmbmb
mostman79 wrote:
Ok - first games in last night. We managed to actually play with 10 - 4vs4 1 captain a side. What an awesome game.

Had one odd situation. One team (us) wanted to tractor then fire and the other team wanted to tractor. So we yell tractor! They, per the rules, say, we would also like to tractor. But we also want to fire. So - we just took turns. First we tractored, then they did, then we fired. Is this correct?

What about if we decided, after learning that they wanted to tractor, that we would actually like to fire first. Can we change our mind?

You alternate actions if you want to take a series of 'freeze' actions. Bottom of page 10 spells this out.

You can change your mind after you see the enemy action. No dawdling on your decisions, though! The intent is to keep things moving.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Ostman
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Geoff - if I remember correctly, the example on that page talks about each team doing a single freeze action. Our example was multiple actions. So we weren't sure if we should keep going back and forth.

Again - congrats on this game. Our group had a blast and some people didn't want to stop playing - ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Engelstein
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Mike! I'll make sure we clarify that in the FAQ.

Those of you that like the game, please make sure to rate us here on BGG! And I guess those of you that didn't as well . Now that the game is widely available this is a critical time for momentum on our ranking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Germann
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey Geoff,
I heard you mention a FAQ a number of times throughout the forums, often the responses back in 2013. But I haven't seen a FAQ posted yet. Was it posted somewhere else, or still not finalized.

-Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Engelstein
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't had a chance to put that together yet. I will get on it and hopefully get something posted within a few weeks.

Geoff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.