Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Briscoe
United Kingdom
Shropshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
How do you set up the cards for dummy player, as rule book isn't that clear. Also, what part do the dummy cards play in the game as they just sit there on the table seemingly doing nothing. I need a clear guiding hand on the solo play please!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roel van M.
Netherlands
Tilburg
The Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Edit: oh I'm sorry I made a mistake. The answer below is right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Blue
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can put them anywhere that is convenient. They are to give you options when you acquire interactive helper cards that let you use another player's market or interact with their casual or regular customers. If you don't pick up a helper card that lets you do that, then the dummy player's cards will just sit unused.

For what it's worth, this is one of the few games that I actually enjoy playing solo. It's very puzzle-like. I also find it helpful to think of the points on the track not as "points" per se, but as "levels" that are increasingly difficult to achieve. The leftover cash you have after making it to your highest available level then comprises the "points." Thus, there is a tremendous amount of variation between reaching level 16 and a level 18 finish -- a difference of 35 cash "points." (I know that my math is a little off because the 1st level up only costs 1 cash -- perhaps my example works a little better starting with a level 15-15 finish, i.e. 1 cash away from level 16.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Briscoe
United Kingdom
Shropshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Brilliant, thank you. That really makes sense how you describe it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Appelbaum
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Do you actually PLAY the dummy player or just set out the cards? The rulebook doesn't elaborate on that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Blue
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AKARed wrote:
Do you actually PLAY the dummy player or just set out the cards? The rulebook doesn't elaborate on that.

No, you don't "play" the dummy player. Those cards just represent a passive pool of resources (markets, customers, etc.) that can be accessed with the appropriate helper cards. Calling it a "dummy player" is really kind of a misnomer. If such a pool of resources didn't exist, several of the helper cards would be useless in a solo game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Perry
United States
Newtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also need clarity on the imaginary opponent, as the rule book calls it.

Since all the rules for the 2-4 game apply, as the rules indicate, do I layout a t-table, populate the stall for the aginary opponent, as well as the private field?

Or do I just have six cards out for the IO?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Girard
Canada
Ste-Genevieve de Batiscan
Quebec
flag msg tools
I Know What You're Thinking!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MarkP1981 wrote:
do I layout a t-table, populate the stall for the aginary opponent, as well as the private field?

Or do I just have six cards out for the IO?

Just the 6 cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.