Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank The Tank
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just cracked all six packs open and here are the contents. I didn't take a picture of the insert as it is the same as the 2 page pdf posed: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/descent-second...

Any questions just let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is the end; hold your breath and count to ten; feel the earth move and then; hear my heart burst again
badge
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Tennyson
mbmbmbmbmb
Which is your favourite Plot Deck and why?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aswin Agastya
Indonesia
Bekasi
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, I don't mind they ship a lot of air, but I do hope that packaging is strong enough to survive reckless package handling...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They look about like the X-Wing expansions; should be fine.

They all look interesting to me (I was a playtester on these, so make of that what you will).

I think my favorite is Zachareth's, which has tremendous meta-game utility, especially in the campaign. There are ways to churn through the OL deck without spending XP on (and waiting for random draws of) OL cards for the purpose, to cherry-pick a starting hand of cards, to force a smaller selection of shop items on heroes, to force them to place a search card on the bottom of the deck, etc. Just make life more difficult in general. And you can shrink your OL deck down to 13 for some concentrated badness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Carpenito
msg tools
Could I humbly request for stats for Act II Agents as well? Or do they all have identical stats to their lieutenant counterparts even in Act II?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank The Tank
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sdrewthomson wrote:

I literally opened them up, scanned them in and posted them. I haven't had a chance to read them yet lol.

Vidyaraja wrote:
Could I humbly request for stats for Act II Agents as well? Or do they all have identical stats to their lieutenant counterparts even in Act II?

Done. I edited the first post and put the picture last.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Carpenito
msg tools
Wuyley wrote:
sdrewthomson wrote:

I literally opened them up, scanned them in and posted them. I haven't had a chance to read them yet lol.

Vidyaraja wrote:

Done. I edited the first post and put the picture last.

Many thanks, kind sir!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
badge
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
mbmbmbmbmb
How much do they cost alltogether?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on if you're buying retail or discount. These ones are about $9 each, so around $54 at retail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Still puzzling over why Splig gives a bonus to Wilderness monsters when goblins don't have the Wilderness trait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex
France
flag msg tools
where have you bought them ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
devastadus bam
msg tools
right now on amazon they are selling for $15 which seems like more then they should be

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple Octopus
msg tools
That does seem a bit expensive. Weren't they supposed to be sold for about 9-10 dollars each? Barring the big ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool Stuff Inc

They have them from $5.99 to $6.79 each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
Still puzzling over why Splig gives a bonus to Wilderness monsters when goblins don't have the Wilderness trait. :what:

My guess (and it is just a guess): There are only two types of monster (zombies and goblin archers) in the base game with the building trait (the only one goblin archers and witchers share), and they're rare outside of the Conversion Kit (and still not that common with it). There are three Wilderness-type monsters (barghests, cave spiders and merriods) in the base game, however, and Splig's deck can grant the trait to a monster group that doesn't have it, goblin or otherwise. That's a more useful trait for his deck to key off of than Building, and I think you are meant to use Feral Instincts often with this deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarcasmorator wrote:
bleached_lizard wrote:
Still puzzling over why Splig gives a bonus to Wilderness monsters when goblins don't have the Wilderness trait.

My guess (and it is just a guess): There are only two types of monster (zombies and goblin archers) in the base game with the building trait (the only one goblin archers and witchers share), and they're rare outside of the Conversion Kit (and still not that common with it). There are three Wilderness-type monsters (barghests, cave spiders and merriods) in the base game, however, and Splig's deck can grant the trait to a monster group that doesn't have it, goblin or otherwise. That's a more useful trait for his deck to key off of than Building, and I think you are meant to use Feral Instincts often with this deck.

So why not just have the cards work off of the Building trait by default, then have a card that extends the Building trait to other monsters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I dunno — theme, maybe? It makes more thematic sense IMO for someone like him to have the clout to naturally boss around a bunch of dumb animals and hybrids (giants being a bit of an anomaly) than ogres, sorcerers, zombies, medusas, volucrix reavers and golems, which all kind of have their own deals going on.

As for goblins, they live in Buildings and Caves. Splig is the king, so he makes them go outside whether they want to or not. A Fat Goblin's first encounter doesn't have either goblin archer trait, for example (it has Mountain and Wilderness, both of which allow giants, so he must have some pull with them, eh?), yet there the goblins are.

I don't have my quest guide handy right now, so I can't go through it and see how the traits break down for other quests that allow goblins or have Splig to see if there's any more congruity, but it seems like his Plot Cards fit the traits of at least some of the quests he and the archers appear in.

I do know that there are eight encounters that have Building as a trait in Shadow Rune (two in the second act), and 10 that have Wilderness (four in the second act). You can't grant the Wilderness trait until after you've chosen a valid open group, so combined with the additional monster types, Wilderness simply offers more potential utility without extra threat expenditure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arto H
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I like that some agents feels better than others. They could had even giving the agent 1-3 "difficulty factor" to balance some play groups. I am planning to buy about 3 agents.

Eliza is my least favorite. Spamming shadow dragons in every encounter is already very efficient. Eliza makes this even better strategy so I think she makes the open group selection even easier than before. Taste of Suffering, Scent of Blood and Nighttime Hunt make master fire breathing shadow dragons even more insane. With Frenzy and/or Blood Rage this should work almost always. Eliza doesn't seem to enable anything new, she just boosts the already strong monsters. At the same time she is not strongest agent. Will I buy it: No

I like Alric because he makes small monsters better but I don't him very interesting. He feels a little bland. Veteran Council and Trial of Knighthood are not very good because it feels it will quite long when they will start to pay off. I really like Knight Training andd Fight in Formation. Will I buy it: Maybe/Yes

Zachareth seems be the power gamer version and overall best I think. Just the deck thinning ability is strong. Rush of Power and Always Prepared are very strong. Those two cards and tinier deck size means you can play the best cards almost every turn. False Friends and Melticulous Planning is just kick in the balls. After heroes lose the encounter, cheesy Zachareth will punish the heroes with fewer shop cards also and makes sure Treasure Chests will never happen. Zachaeth is maybe the best agent for an overlord who knows how to play. That is why you should't give Zachareth if your overlord is already winning. Will I buy it: No

Belthir is very strong also and is maybe the most powerful Agent with Zachareth. Show of Force is good and means couple extra cards easily. I like Make Your Own Luck a lot. End It! is maybe too good. Resourceful is maybe too good also. Having Dash almost every turn changes some quest balance a lot. Overall Belthir doesn't have many bad cards (only Fight with Honor and Summon). He boosts the Overlord in every aspect. Belthir is still one of the strongest agents so should be careful with him. Will I buy it: Yes

Merick I kind of like. Dark Pact, The Dark Mark, Cabal are interesting. However, there are too many good plain card which just boosts the damage or are very good in other ways. Especially Masques is very good. Mystic Might and Greater Power adds +4 damage to one attack after dice are rolled. These cards plus Bolt from the Blue spam means heroes are very likely to lose the final encounter because Merick can make very high damage to single target. Overall, I like the idea of some Merick cards but seems the damage cards will just outshine the interesting cards and Merick will just become a damage card spam. Will I buy it: Maybe

Splig is fun because there are many trickier cards. He is interesting to play and doesn't just boost the overlord abilities clearly. Dive into Cover might be too strong in some race quests. Goblin Ambush is very good. I think the trickier cards might not get played and all threat tokens get used for Goblin Ambush, Dive into Cover, Meat Shield and especially Raided Armory. Will I buy it: Maybe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex
France
flag msg tools
i'm gonna buy them all at least for the mini

but

Belthir is the least interresting for me. Since half of the deck doesn't play with basic 2, he's almost useless. A shame, really.

Splig is fun in act 2. Making him chief of kobolds or harpies looks like really monstruous, with double attack and free surge.

Zachareth is maybe the most powerfull of the 6. good agent, his plot card will be used wiselely to force heroes to be powerless. A really good trickster.

Alric is one of my favourite, because most of his plot cards affects him, and he's like I wanted the plot deck to be in the first place. A good powerfull one with no brain, just like i like them

Eliza is strange and too much "hit and run" for me. fragile, no really powerfull cards, and nothing really fun.

And finnally, Merrick, the one I will never play, because I never play magic cards, since i'm a blinded attackfull overlord.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Gortner
United States
Egg Harbor Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't own this game. But can someone explain to me what these replace? I thought the game already came with miniatures for the baddies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jgortner wrote:
I don't own this game. But can someone explain to me what these replace? I thought the game already came with miniatures for the baddies?

Only for the regular monsters, not for the lieutenants (they only have tokens in the base game).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Holmes
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:

He's already in charge of the Goblins and is expanding his business interests.

First the Wildness, then Neckhall, then the World!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm grabbing all of these for the minis firstly, but it's hard to pass up the options. It'll be great having all card options as it will be a surprise for the players everytime you start a new campaign.

I'll eventually cycle using all of them, for variance alone. Besides they are pretty cheap really.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David van Damme
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
badge
I was complaining about how the miniatures didn't look as good as the other minis, but now mine have arrived (got Splig and Alric) I have to say they look much better in person. Your photo does not do them justice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Smurf-o-Deth
United States
Brownsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Yeah, I think they look quite nice in person. Splig especially.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.