Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Swider
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our gaming group got this on the table for the first time. Although we had fun, it seemed like constant referrals to the rules.

One area in particular was melee. There seemed to be many interactions that impact when squadron crews can and cannot participate. The rules seemed to lead to some illogical conclusions, such as marines that are already on-board an enemy squadron that cannot attack but adjacent friendly squadrons that are under current activation (not during the Sally phase) can attack.

A table of situations would be helpful for spelling out what attacks are and are not permissible would be helpful, but I don't think I could sort this one out. Some table or matrix would include:

squadron attacks
marine attacks
activation phase
sally phase
grappled
chained

The order of appearance of tables on the play aid was also jumbled ... should be listed in order of use.

Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy (Jerry) White
msg tools
designer
Tom, I'm uploading player aids to the game image gallery, which hopefully will help. These were submitted with the design but space in the magazine did not allow their publication. Be warned, though, they don't include Mark Mahaffey's great artwork, the art is playtest quality. There are six play aids that visually explain some of the rules, including melee. I hope they will be what you are looking for.

Jeremy (Jerry) White
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.