Popular Tags: [View All]
D Steph
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Good evening,

I recently received my Pillbug expansion for Hive, but I only need the pocket sized bug. Anyone in the Ottawa area interested in getting the "regular" sized expansion? (I say Ottawa as I don't really want to worry about shipping).

Please let me know if you are interested,

St├ęphanie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested if it were the Carbon version...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Mallory
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too if things don't work out. How much?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Ruhland
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Steph
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Hello, sorry it's the "regular" (non-carbon?) version. I actually got these free for making top 16 at the online Hive tournament, so I'm willing to give it away, provided that the person receiving is willing to meet me downtown to pick it up. Eric?

St├ęphanie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Mallory
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'd also need the carbon version, so I'm out. Thanks very much for offering it out, it was very generous!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doh! I'd need the Pocket version, too. Very generous of you though.

(Does no one in Ottawa play the ordinary full-sized version?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Purcell
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
iNano78 wrote:

Count me in on full sized version. Eric replied first though, so no need to add any more "I'd like that" voices. I will most likely be buying when I see it so will have the pocket version to give away. I just haven't had the chance to see it yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Steph
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
kurt_purcell wrote:
iNano78 wrote:

Count me in on full sized version. Eric replied first though, so no need to add any more "I'd like that" voices. I will most likely be buying when I see it so will have the pocket version to give away. I just haven't had the chance to see it yet.

Hi Kurt,

I'll PM Eric, but if I don't hear back from him in a few days (say by next Monday?), I'll send you a quick message

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Kieswetter
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oooooooo. The pillbug is finally on the market!? Where did you buy it? I might hit up some Ottawa shops tomorrow to see about grabbing a set.
I still play full size and pocket so I am VERY glad they come as a pair.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Steph
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Actually I didn't buy it - the designer had committed to sending a pillbug to some of the players of the 2013 online hive tournament, so I just received mine for my participation. I don't imagine that it will be much longer before it is available in store though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin R
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone confirm that the Pillbug expansion will be commercially available and include both regular and pocket versions? I am going to purchase Hive in the next couple of weeks, and am going back and forth on which version to get. I like heft to my abstracts' components, but (1) I think the expansions are overpriced, so am leaning away from the original, and (2) I think the colors are helpful, so am leaning away from carbon. As I am leaning toward Pocket, I am very interested in any information on Pillbug availability in the pocket size.

Glad to hear any opinions on which version I should get, as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Steph
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
My understanding is that the Pillbug was being sold at Essen, so it is technically commercially available, albeit not on this side of the Atlantic Ocean yet. The pillbug is sold as a package which includes both the "Standard" and "pocket" pieces or for the Carbon expansion on its own.

As to the best version to get, Pocket is the better value for money, which is why I got that version. This being said, it is undeniable that the carbon version is a lot classier looking. I personally wouldn't get the original now, as it comes with none of the expansions included (unlike Carbon and Pocket which at least include ladybug and mosquito).

Hope it helps,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin R
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DSteph wrote:
My understanding is that the Pillbug was being sold at Essen, so it is technically commercially available, albeit not on this side of the Atlantic Ocean yet. The pillbug is sold as a package which includes both the "Standard" and "pocket" pieces or for the Carbon expansion on its own.

As to the best version to get, Pocket is the better value for money, which is why I got that version. This being said, it is undeniable that the carbon version is a lot classier looking. I personally wouldn't get the original now, as it comes with none of the expansions included (unlike Carbon and Pocket which at least include ladybug and mosquito).

Hope it helps,

Thanks, and that is exactly my issue. Were they to reissue the original with all expansions included, I would buy it immediately. Until then, I think Pocket is my go to.

I was debating with myself over whether to get Pocket or Carbon, but at the end of the day I think Pocket wins on the basis of price point and color differentiation. I countered my argument by pointing out that distinguishing bugs is not materially different than distinguishing chess pieces, but it is not the case in this game that all pieces are on the table. So I think that, were I to purchase the carbon version, the first few moves can be confusing, there only a few bugs in play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.