Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
My player aid mats and game aid mats are all the thin card stock type. Does anyone have the thicker mats? The ones that are the same as the terrain tiles? ...just wondering if I need to request an upgrade?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rohrer
United States
Medina
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine are thin but serviceable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ganshaw
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At this point the player mats are a thin cardboard sheet. Somewhere along the line and I don't remember from where, we got a version that was like the map boards. I was trying to remember where I put them, generally I am using the latest version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the thin mats for placing soldier cards and my action deck/phase choices/discard pile on (the ones that replaced the wider boarder versions). I believe the mat for the story deck is thicker like the map tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin Rohrer wrote:
Mine are thin but serviceable.

Kevin, yes, they are "serviceable"...but a little chintzy IMHO cool...the rest of the components are fine, but these mats just seem to curl a bit and are almost more trouble than they're worth...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bowker
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The thicker ones came with the original Day of Days game. I bought mine at Historicon where it was first released and have them. They were later changed to the thinner ones when the map border was changed from the thicker one to the thinner, current style.

At that time if you ordered something you got the additional border pieces and the mats to replace the thicker ones and wider border.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
pvi99th wrote:
The thicker ones came with the original Day of Days game. I bought mine at Historicon where it was first released and have them. They were later changed to the thinner ones when the map border was changed from the thicker one to the thinner, current style.

At that time if you ordered something you got the additional border pieces and the mats to replace the thicker ones and wider border.

Thanks for the info...I've got the thinner borders with all my stuff...and the thin card stock mats as well. I'm not to keen on the thin mats...but they do slide easily under the game map to be held in place. They're chintzy but serviceable yuk. Would have preferred the thicker ones but I can live with the card stock ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Pseudonym
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah..that makes sense. I could not remember where they came from. I believe they changed it to keep the price point the same even though they added two extra miniatures.
It would be nice if they offered an upgrade kit where you could buy those thicker mats if you wanted them. Just a thought.

Jeff M.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hanomag wrote:
Ah..that makes sense. I could not remember where they came from. I believe they changed it to keep the price point the same even though they added two extra miniatures.
It would be nice if they offered an upgrade kit where you could buy those thicker mats if you wanted them. Just a thought.

Jeff M.

...and a good thought at that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Johnny hastily dug a foxhole, careful not to damage the sticky bomb detonator. The tank rumbled nearer. Fear of being crushed or spotted consumed him; yet seconds later, he deftly slapped the bomb onto a greasy gear and spun for cover, snap-firing...
mbmbmbmbmb
Laminating the thinner stock in 5mm keeps them perfectly flat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew DiGregorio
United States
West Babylon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a scary clown!
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael is correct. The thicker boards came with Day of Days at one point. I know i have them.

I honestly still play with the old borders so my opponent and myself can place our cards along the edge. I just prefer that to keeping all our stuff in a separate area...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I have the original borders and for a cheeseburger and a couple brews...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have both styles (thicknesses) and find that both work just fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bowker
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kduke wrote:
Well, I have the original borders and for a cheeseburger and a couple brews...

For rare, collectibles? Should bring at least $100 a piece.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, we have a starting bid of ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS.

Do I hear 110?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
kduke wrote:
Okay, we have a starting bid of ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS.

Do I hear 110?

Crickets?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like Michael may take them for just $100...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.