Popular Tags: [View All]
Wesley Williams
United States
Capital Region
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it assumed that the predominant terrain (via art) in each hex dictates the terrain for that hex?

I assume so, but some hexes (like N9) seem to be drawn in a way that might imply otherwise. In the aforementioned hex, does a unit traveling along the road undergo the MP penalty from Long Range Artillery?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich
United States
Northern VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mtgjudge wrote:
Is it assumed that the predominant terrain (via art) in each hex dictates the terrain for that hex?

I assume so, but some hexes (like N9) seem to be drawn in a way that might imply otherwise. In the aforementioned hex, does a unit traveling along the road undergo the MP penalty from Long Range Artillery?

I hate ambiguous terrain and this is the worst kind of ambiguous. Majority of the hex N9 is absolutely clear terrain. But as you point out it looks like the road is in the green part of the hex so you could argue it's in the woods. But then again the green portion where the road is doesn't have the woodsy splotches so is that an area that has been cut down to allow for the path? Who knows? Just recommend coming to agreement before the game.

In less ambiguous cases, yes we play majority portion of the hex rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.