Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
I notice that for the plebs* version of the game, which witch is which is done through colour coordination: the colour of the background of the picture of the witch is presumably the colour cone you should use.

However, I see no matching of the pewter figurines to the appropriate witch in the rules. ((This may be caused by my myopia - I am good at not spotting the obvious. But I suspect it is another pewter error [to quote the line first used by
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools
, which is far too good to only be used once])). The rules tell us to take the witch piece that matches the image on the trainee witch display, but those are not pictures of the figurines.

So, which witch is which? In the standard picture of the witches:

Am I right in saying that they are, from left to right
Petulia (with the pig)
Dimity (with the book)
Tiffany (with the frying pan)
Annagramma (with her hands on her hips)
?

* With apologies to Andrew Mitchell and any members of the police force who think I should be forced to resign
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb
AnnuverScotinExile wrote:
Am I right in saying that they are, from left to right
Petulia (with the pig)
Dimity (with the book)
Tiffany (with the frying pan)
Annagramma (with her hands on her hips)

Sounds right to me!

(Not based on any knowledge of the game -- mine hasn't arrived yet -- but from the books.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Fung
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct. Tiffany has her frying pan she used to fight the queen of the elves. Petulia is the best pig witch in Lancre. Annagramma is good, but not as good as she thinks. Dimity maybe had a handful of sentences in all the books.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb
Yes, my reasoning went something like: "Tiffany would have the frying pan; Petulia is the pig witch, Annagramma is haughty; and then there's Dimity."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I knew this discussion, and even the joke seemed familiar.
See the comments on this image:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Büttner-Zimmermann
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I will glue them on colored wooden discs for better recognition...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Almecho wrote:
Yeah, I've seen discussion, and even pictures, about this too. I plan to do the same.

I would paint them if I had enough miniature painting skills, or knew someone I could trust to do them to my standards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Mason
England
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thumbed for the 'plebs' (Pratchett appropriate) footnote
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Phelanpt wrote:
Almecho wrote:
Yeah, I've seen discussion, and even pictures, about this too. I plan to do the same.

I would paint them if I had enough miniature painting skills, or knew someone I could trust to do them to my standards.

I have done this yesterday evening. I used a glue gun and simple wooden discs - the metal miniatures fit nicely on them and are standing very stable now. Plus the colors are now clear to every player

I will post pictures later today...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I glued the Witches on colored bases, so they have a good stand and are easily recognized with the player colors:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Schenectady
New York
flag msg tools
Watch Out For Snakes!
badge
I stand only to defend my own and reclaim what is ours.
mbmbmbmbmb
Almecho wrote:
I glued the Witches on colored bases, so they have a good stand and are easily recognized with the player colors:

I just purchased the CE and I'm interested in doing this as well, so I was curious as to where I obtain these wooden discs. Do I need to acquire a metric tonne of each color in order to do this or is there somewhere that I can just get the four I'm after?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BThayer wrote:
Almecho wrote:

I just purchased the CE and I'm interested in doing this as well, so I was curious as to where I obtain these wooden discs. Do I need to acquire a metric tonne of each color in order to do this or is there somewhere that I can just get the four I'm after?
The easiest is to take them from a game that you have but don't use.

There's stores that sell components, even individually, but shipping for just 4 discs might be expensive. Not sure.
I don't remember which ones are recommended in the US for sure, but if you look into the Print and Play/Prototyping community here on BGG, I'm sure there's likely a list of stores/suppliers where you can get small quantities.
Ok, some googling gave me this:
https://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Print_and_Play_Games#toc...

And this one is run by a BGG member:
http://www.printplaygames.com/prototypes/parts

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
BThayer wrote:
I'm afraid I can't help you with that - I ordered from a German shop, http://www.Spielmaterial.de
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Schenectady
New York
flag msg tools
Watch Out For Snakes!
badge
I stand only to defend my own and reclaim what is ours.
mbmbmbmbmb
Phelanpt wrote:
BThayer wrote:
Almecho wrote:

The easiest is to take them from a game that you have but don't use.

There's stores that sell components, even individually, but shipping for just 4 discs might be expensive. Not sure.
I don't remember which ones are recommended in the US for sure, but if you look into the Print and Play/Prototyping community here on BGG, I'm sure there's likely a list of stores/suppliers where you can get small quantities.
Ok, some googling gave me this:
https://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Print_and_Play_Games#toc...

And this one is run by a BGG member:
http://www.printplaygames.com/prototypes/parts

Hope this helps.

Thanks! I'll look into those.

Almecho wrote:
BThayer wrote:
I'm afraid I can't help you with that - I ordered from a German shop, http://www.Spielmaterial.de

Thanks! Maybe I can check with a couple of my FLGS's.

Also what size did you use for those? 15mm x 4mm?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.