Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Conan McNamara
United States
Brunswick
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I currently have Dominion:Intrigue and Dominion:Prosperity. If I were to add only one more set to my Dominion collection; which one would you recommend, and why.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
neuro researcher
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seaside is my favorite; I love the duration cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Saruwatari
United States
Arroyo Grande
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
neuroblast89 wrote:

Yup, those are the four to have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan McNamara
United States
Brunswick
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GrimThunderbrew wrote:
neuroblast89 wrote:

To clarify, I do not own the base set of Dominion, only Intrigue and Prosperity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Saruwatari
United States
Arroyo Grande
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pip Count 167 wrote:
GrimThunderbrew wrote:
neuroblast89 wrote:

To clarify, I do not own the base set of Dominion, only Intrigue and Prosperity.

Then you can't go wrong with the base set or seaside. Put them on your Christmas list and see what you get ;P

They both have a large selection of versatile cards- and none of the clunky mechanics that are present in the bad sets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
April Conaway

Porter
Texas
msg tools
Of the ones I've played, I've liked everything except Alchemy. I think Dark Ages was my favorite, but only because I really like trashing cards. Seaside and the original also get two thumbs up from me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt N

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd stay away from the base set personally; it increases your overlap with other people and a significant chunk of the cards are underwhelming. I think Dark Ages, although my experience with it is lower, would be the best buy. More kingdom cards + more trashing = more fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
Check this out: [geekurl=http://dominionstrategy.com/what-expansions-should-i-get/]Which expansions to get?[/geekurl] and the whole site.

Personally, I'd get Cornucopia as that has a lot of my favourite cards and instead of making you focus on few cards as the other expansions do, this one rewards you for having many different cards. Dominion: Hinterlands is very good too. For me both the base game and Seaside have too many weak cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toms Leikums
Latvia
Jelgava
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dominion: Cornucopia is the interesting one. Makes you change the usual style of play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron D
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played all except Dark Ages and Guilds and agree with the people that said Seaside. I think it has the best cards and is the most fun.

I agree with the person who said don't get the base. You already have the base cards with Intrigue and too many cards in that set are underwhelming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikola Luburić
Serbia
Novi Sad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I made a similar thread with a poll a while back. Here are the results: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1061433/which-dominion-set-t...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While there are some cards in base set that get very rarely bought, you miss out on several very nice cards if you don't go for it which I really consider important. Seaside on the other hand is a very nice expansion.

The poll is not that helpful in this case as the base game is missing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan McNamara
United States
Brunswick
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everybody, very useful replies. I think Seaside or Cornucopia have piqued my interest, though the feedback is positive for most sets it seems (except maybe Alchemy, no one recommended Alchemy).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.