Lincoln Damerst
United States
California
flag msg tools
GameNight!
badge
GameNight!
mbmbmbmb

Tonight on GameNight! Nikki, Aaron, and Lincoln play Bugs in the Kitchen from designer Peter-Paul Joopen and published by Ravensburger.

Please subscribe to us on YouTube - with more subscribers we get more freedom in how to run the channel.

http://youtube.com/boardgamegeektv
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
and by 360 he means 180

thanks for showing this... definitely getting this for my kids (that's my story, and I'm sticking to it...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cappocchi
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
Arkham Horror, Amun Re, R-ECO, Ora Et Labora, Napoleonic Wars
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is pretty outside the normal complexity level (and age range) of a Game Night! game, but it really is pretty fun! I'm likely getting one for my nephews, who will enjoy it almost as much as I did. They actually have some of these Hex Bugs already, and I'm curious what will happen if there are multiple bugs loose on the board at the same time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Pettit
United States
Gardner
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
agentzen wrote:
This is pretty outside the normal complexity level (and age range) of a Game Night! game, but it really is pretty fun! I'm likely getting one for my nephews, who will enjoy it almost as much as I did. They actually have some of these Hex Bugs already, and I'm curious what will happen if there are multiple bugs loose on the board at the same time.

This episode was really fun! Yes, multiple Hex Bugs could be really cool. Points for collecting some negative points for others...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander De Bruyne
Belgium
Erembodegem
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hmmm, this game looks really fun, but also like it would get old really fast (once you're over the cool gimmick). I get the same feeling I got from seeing video's about Escape. Also been thinking about buying that one for months.

Thanks for the video either way, great work, really fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris M
United States
Kearneysville
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the great episode! My wife was in stitches - especially over how much Lincoln was enjoying the game. It was great because my wife was not feeling well at all but it really brightened up her evening - so much so that she grabbed her iPad and ordered online for a copy before the end of the show
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Goldstein
United States
Culver City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Theory....between Spiel and BGG.con...simple games are a must!

My daughter will love this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ChToHe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
$20 at my target! Looks like a Target exclusive game.
Wonder if it is worthwhile...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristoff Bergenholm
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tzalwelaja wrote:
Hmmm, this game looks really fun, but also like it would get old really fast (once you're over the cool gimmick). I get the same feeling I got from seeing video's about Escape. Also been thinking about buying that one for months.

Thanks for the video either way, great work, really fun.

The noise that the bug makes will surely erode my sanity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
toucana wrote:
$20 at my target! Looks like a Target exclusive game.
Wonder if it is worthwhile...

I'd say for kids it is worthwhile. I picked up one at Target yesterday and my kids played for hours. And then took the hexbug and played with just that for a couple hours.

They liked it so much I went back to buy another set as a birthday present for one of my kids friends, as well as a couple more standalone hexbugs... about 6 bucks each, get the regular ones not the climbing V2. We even tried them with the game... Bugs in the Kitchen is crazy with 1 hexbug... it's completely insane with 3.

I also really like the game because it fits into that category of game I love... where adults can play with children and either can win even with everyone trying their hardest.

But, I say if it's only for adults then it's probably not the best game to get... will probably only give an hour of entertainment, at most, unless there are copious amounts of inebriating beverage involved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this at BGG.con and it was awesome for about 8 minutes. Then the bug's tendency to get stuck in corners, and the difficulty of mandating that people take their turns quickly, caused the novelty to wear off faster than we hoped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.