Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Flapjack Quarterpie
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After 4 plays now (all with 4 players per ship), it seems that the Weapons/Sensors crew sit around more often once the action starts. Helm is almost constantly rolling. We moved Shields to the "Tactical" side with Weapons and Sensors and left Helm with Tractor.

I think I would set it up like this for 3v3 as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EduArdo Murruy
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
what if I intend to remove crystals and the tractor beam? what you think would be the best combination of stations per player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flapjack Quarterpie
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Without crystals/mines/tractor, I think I'd move Shields back with Helm. Shields are great with Helm just because that player is going to have the best idea of which sides of the ship are at risk. The trade-off comes when Helm gets overwhelmed while Weapons is loaded and waiting.

However, in every game I've played, Helm has so much action that I think that, especially with a new player, you could man that station solo.

During our last game, one team figured out that they would be more efficient with the stations rearranged. Both Captains agreed to allow a "Reroute". Like in that iconic TV series, we said something like "Reroute Tractor beam to Tactical station". I made them dump all the banked dice on Tractor and they shifted control to the other side, so Helm could focus on maneuvering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.