Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Post wave 2 Dominion ideas rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan M D Thomas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So once the mighty Keldon class comes out, what Dominion fleets are you guys going to try out?

My 1st thought is to try the Kraxon along with 2 generic Keldon class ships. Tentatively I'm thinking about:

Kraxon - 26
Mirok - 3
Tetryon Emissions - 3

Keldon - 24
Dukat - 5
Breen Aide - 2

Keldon - 24
Martok - 6
Boheeka - 2

Elite Attack Dice - 5

You have the 2 Keldons that should get some high quality attack rolls with aide, Boheeka, and attack dice and the Kraxon can serve as a nice tank with the addition of Mirok and tetryon emissions. Martok lets Mirok re-enable tetryon emissions each turn if needed.

The Kraxon could be a bad idea, but one way to find out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Landy
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like it. The Kraxon is great for protecting your other ships and has saved me a few times. Might be worth trying to fit on an additional shield repair card to help out Mirok and make him really annoying.

I'm so glad Dukat is extremely useful, too. He'll see a lot of play from me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Benhart
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like it too. Good to finally see viable builds from the Dominion Cardassians. I'll probably pick up 2 Keldons because they are very nice and have good upgrades.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan M D Thomas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
H00D4M4N wrote:
I like it. The Kraxon is great for protecting your other ships and has saved me a few times. Might be worth trying to fit on an additional shield repair card to help out Mirok and make him really annoying.

I'm so glad Dukat is extremely useful, too. He'll see a lot of play from me.

I definitely thought about working in additional shield repair for the Kraxon, but ultimately ended up with the Elite attack dice instead for the remaining 5 points as I couldn't find anything I liked better. I'd stick Scotty in there, but I'm 1 point short soblue

I'm liking Dukat as well; he will be the new Picard that people like sticking everywhere. I realized after the fact that with Martok, he gives you the first ship capable of taking 3 actions per turn. I can see that opening a whole bunch of possibilities in the future with various tech/crew upgrades.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In another thread, someone (ccr, I think?) pointed out that Konmel is good for Kraxon shield duty, and 1 point cheaper than Scotty. ...I always forget about that guy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penguin Bonaparte
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Although I doubt I'll often want to use the named ability, the extra shield on the Koranak itself might still be handy since it's a little easier to knock out than a Galor. The three Cardassian build is going to be great in a ton of variations, but just off the top of my head, how about this?

Koranak (26) + Dukat (5) + Captured Intelligence (3) + Breen Aide (2) = 36

Kraxon (26) + Donatra (5) + Konmel (5) = 36

Keldon (24) + Gul Evek (2) + Boheeka (2) = 28

If you have less of an alpha strike to worry about, drop the Breen Aide and substitute the Gor Portas with Thot Gor, Energy Dissipator, and Torpedoes for the Kraxon at 38. Or just a bare-bones Dukat and Donatra on those two ships.

I can't think of a good way to get the attack ships in there though. Just one is always outgunned by one of these dudes and 2 of them just don't fit with two Keldons, even with the sideboard, unless you've got almost all generic captains. Anyone have any ideas besides as a Donatra/Terrell chariot, maybe with the dorsal array or just some torpedoes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Sanchez
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I plan to simply upgrade my existing dominion fleet since their the exact same price just better. I'm getting 3 Keldons anyway though just because the Dorsal firing array is something I'm probably gonna want to run 3 of in a number of builds.

26 Kraxon
3 Mirok
3 Kyle

24 Keldon Class
1 Sar

24 Keldon Class
2 Clark Terell

12 Romulan Science Vessel
4 Donatra

That's a 5-6-6 Attack on turn 2-3-1 Defense for helping redirect my opponent's fire where i want it.

But I am seriously considering moving Donatra to the Kraxon and Throw in Gul Dukat and Martok(8) on the Keldons (in plce of the science vessel. That's 4-6-6 Attack but Dukat gets BS+TL and they fire at skill 8,7,and 6

Option 3 is to trade out Mirok and Kyle for Martok (9). Then you get 5-7-7 Attack and your 7s get a 1 die reroll. No shield healing though makes Kraxon a one shot deal.

If you want faction pure, Id run straight up Kraxon, Koranak, Keldon Class, Keldon Class all with generic captains.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan M D Thomas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kobold47 wrote:
In another thread, someone (ccr, I think?) pointed out that Konmel is good for Kraxon shield duty, and 1 point cheaper than Scotty. ...I always forget about that guy.

I also forget about Konmel. He'd be perfect from shield duty, however that also makes the Kraxon 1 expensive ship. if it falls.

delta_angelfire wrote:
I plan to simply upgrade my existing dominion fleet since their the exact same price just better. I'm getting 3 Keldons anyway though just because the Dorsal firing array is something I'm probably gonna want to run 3 of in a number of builds.

26 Kraxon
3 Mirok
3 Kyle

24 Keldon Class
1 Sar

24 Keldon Class
2 Clark Terell

12 Romulan Science Vessel
4 Donatra

That's a 5-6-6 Attack on turn 2-3-1 Defense for helping redirect my opponent's fire where i want it.

But I am seriously considering moving Donatra to the Kraxon and Throw in Gul Dukat and Martok(8) on the Keldons (in plce of the science vessel. That's 4-6-6 Attack but Dukat gets BS+TL and they fire at skill 8,7,and 6

Option 3 is to trade out Mirok and Kyle for Martok (9). Then you get 5-7-7 Attack and your 7s get a 1 die reroll. No shield healing though makes Kraxon a one shot deal.

If you want faction pure, Id run straight up Kraxon, Koranak, Keldon Class, Keldon Class all with generic captains.

I played a similar fleet before with 3 galors and it did surprisingly well due to the 180 degree firing arcs. The extra dice of the Keldons could make this a bear for the opponent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eris lulz
msg tools
Do we actually know the stats of the generic Keldon?

With the named being 5/1/4/3 and the sentance: "The Koranak is the only ship in the game so far with a Primary Weapon of 5 and a 180˚ firing arc" I'm slightly worried that the generic version dropps an attack, bringing it to 4/1/4/3 meaning it's a generic galor with slightly different movement.

Have they been revealed somewhere? does it drop a shield instead? :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Benhart
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eristicle wrote:

With the named being 5/1/4/3 and the sentance: "The Koranak is the only ship in the game so far with a Primary Weapon of 5 and a 180˚ firing arc" I'm slightly worried that the generic version dropps an attack, bringing it to 4/1/4/3 meaning it's a generic galor with slightly different movement.

Every unnamed ship to date has dropped a shield, not an attack die. I don't know why that trend would change for the Koranak, but it could. I don't think it'll happen though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boyd
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
I Play With Toy Soldiers.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
davedujour wrote:
eristicle wrote:

Every unnamed ship to date has dropped a shield, not an attack die. I don't know why that trend would change for the Koranak, but it could. I don't think it'll happen though.

The Praetus is an exception to this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Benhart
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Prince of Moskova wrote:
davedujour wrote:
eristicle wrote:

Yes, but the named & unnamed Romulan BoP have exactly the same stats. The Praetus doesn't have 1 more attack than the unnamed ship. Sure, it's possible the Koranak/Keldon will drop an attack die, but I'm not going to bet on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan M D Thomas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davedujour wrote:
Prince of Moskova wrote:
davedujour wrote:
eristicle wrote:

Yes, but the named & unnamed Romulan BoP have exactly the same stats. The Praetus doesn't have 1 more attack than the unnamed ship. Sure, it's possible the Koranak/Keldon will drop an attack die, but I'm not going to bet on it.

The only named ship that I could see gaining an attack point is Voyager over a standard intrepid class vessel and the odds of that are low outside of the text ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. E. Freeman
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eristicle wrote:

You can see the stats of the generic in the expansion picture. They are 5/1/4/2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.