Tony Fanchi
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can find the full rulebook for WWII: The Card Game here!

If you have any questions or find anything unclear in the rules, post here and we'll try to address them for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Smith
United States
Newburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Stay thirsty my friends.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmmm. Call me semi-interested.
Your WWII appears to be a combination of The Last Crusade and Ideology: The War of Ideas, which is a good thing! Both are games I really enjoy.

If the execution of the game meshes well (i.e. not fiddly, but fun), and the finished art and components are good, you should have a winner.

Two negative caveats:
1) Too bad it's only for two players. C'est la vie.
2) The rulebook layout is suboptimal and quite dense with type. Breaking up each page into two or three columns would help. And having white type on a dark background adds another layer of headaches.

Hopefully you'll have a video of sample game play posted soon for everyone to make a better assessment. Best wishes on the Kickstarter. I'll be watching. goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Fanchi
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the feedback, Ray! The layout of the rulebook is definitely going to get some refinement, and we intend to add more white space (and gameplay examples). Regarding the white type on dark background, would you prefer to have the background image ditched for a simple white background with black text? When I've read rulebooks that have no background images, I can't help but feel like it looks amateurish, or at least boring.

We are also planning to shoot a gameplay video this week and will put it up on the KS page (hopefully by Wednesday), so keep an eye out for that. If you're attending BGG.CON, we'll be there demoing the game, so look us up.

Thanks for your interest, and if you have any more suggestions or questions, do let me know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Smith
United States
Newburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Stay thirsty my friends.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for listening!

As for the rules, I dislike an all white rulebook for the same reasons, along with it being stark and uninteresting. However, you can still have black print on white paper as long as you have plenty of colorful graphics and/or colored edging on each page. Maybe a bocage border on one page, then a jungle border, tundra, desert, water, etc. Or, cropped sample game cards at the corners; using an off white/beige-ish page. Anything to liven up the page.

And, my two cents worth that I suggest to all Kickstarterers -

Be sure to have the following items prepared BEFORE starting any Kickstarter campaign:
Quality prototype components,
Promo/preview video and written synopsis,
Set-up and sample turn/gameplay video,
Video & written review(s),
Rules posted,
Quick response presence on BGG, and
Frequent updates to backers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Fanchi
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rdsmith wrote:
As for the rules, I dislike an all white rulebook for the same reasons, along with it being stark and uninteresting. However, you can still have black print on white paper as long as you have plenty of colorful graphics and/or colored edging on each page. Maybe a bocage border on one page, then a jungle border, tundra, desert, water, etc. Or, cropped sample game cards at the corners; using an off white/beige-ish page. Anything to liven up the page.

Good ideas. We'll see what we can do.

rdsmith wrote:
And, my two cents worth that I suggest to all Kickstarterers -

Be sure to have the following items prepared BEFORE starting any Kickstarter campaign:
Quality prototype components,
Promo/preview video and written synopsis,
Set-up and sample turn/gameplay video,
Video & written review(s),
Rules posted,
Quick response presence on BGG, and
Frequent updates to backers.

Thanks for the advice! Most of those are done or near-done. We're excited to get this thing launched tomorrow. I hope you'll check out our project page then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wil chime in here as a fan of black print on white paper. Have been gaming for 30+ years and I still prefer that mode. I do agree that color illustrations and diagrams are helpful. Very faint watermarks are okay as well.

One way to "spruce up" rules is to have artwork in the margins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Fanchi
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have uploaded a revised version of the rulebook on our website. There are no changes to the rules themselves, but we have made a lot of adjustments to layout and organization, as well as added new gameplay examples to help make the game easier to learn. Let us know what you think!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.