• [+] Dice rolls
mike m
United States
palisades park
nj
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is awesome news.

I bought the first book of Mel Odom's trilogy simply for the promo. But it is frankly an excellent consideration of whether an android is a being and what are the implications of that.

It fills a gap after Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep and sci-fi realms where androids are fully accepted like Star Trek. It's probably most akin to Aliens, where androids are viewed suspiciously but have recognizable value. But, unlike Aliens, this book is entirely about the android perspective. What's the android's reaction to being called names? What's it like to go through "emotional" events? Great stuff.

The writing is overall very good and in many cases surprisingly subtle. It was so good that I ended up buying the 2nd book in the trilogy.

It surprised me bec the writing in the other two promo books was pretty forgettable. Fun for learning more about the Android world, but nothing remarkable from a literary view.

Alas, the 2nd book in the trilogy was a step down from the 1st, but now I'll finish the trilogy to see what happens to our "man".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly B
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SirWashington wrote:
This is awesome news.

I bought the first book of Mel Odom's trilogy simply for the promo. But it is frankly an excellent consideration of whether an android is a being and what are the implications of that.

It fills a gap after Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep and sci-fi realms where androids are fully accepted like Star Trek. It's probably most akin to Aliens, where androids are viewed suspiciously but have recognizable value. But, unlike Aliens, this book is entirely about the android perspective. What's the android's reaction to being called names? What's it like to go through "emotional" events? Great stuff.

The writing is overall very good and in many cases surprisingly subtle. It was so good that I ended up buying the 2nd book in the trilogy.

It surprised me bec the writing in the other two promo books was pretty forgettable. Fun for learning more about the Android world, but nothing remarkable from a literary view.

Alas, the 2nd book in the trilogy was a step down from the 1st, but now I'll finish the trilogy to see what happens to our "man".

Quote for truth here. Every observation you've made in your post is one that I've shared with others about the two books so far (and the other two).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike m
United States
palisades park
nj
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it really is too bad the first book in this series won't get a wider audience. alas, it would only be even perused by a very select audience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.