France
Paris
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
designer
Soon in retail !
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Due to a stretch goal, this just became part of the following kickstarter.

Check it out !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not so fast there. The goal only says he will TRY to design a new character. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good catch. The stretch goals are available at the $26,00 pledge?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Szience Man
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd definitely use up my last bit of hidden funds for this if this was garaunteed and even more so if it was exclusive. It's likely the file would make it up on bgg and I'm certainly OK printing it out... I love Ignacy's blog and his games, just on financial shutdown by the wife on the board game front.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Thorpe
United Kingdom
Birkenhead
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shut up and take my money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn.
Even if the book is a nice idea, I don't know, I am just not that interested, and try to refrain from buying books I don't read. And as I am the only person around here* who I know that is even mildly interested in designers thoughts...

Ah well, another one that will pass me by...

Edit:
I was just informed that one could misunderstand my statement here. I tried to merely express, with one eye laughing, my sadness that I will possibly not have the chance to lay my hands on this character.
This is due to not being overly interested in the book myself. If this in itself, and stating such a sentiment, is problematic, then I am sorry. But it is true, I refrain from buying books I do not really want to read, because there are so many books I really DO want to read, and do not have the time to do so. The same goes for games, or any other thing that I deem nice, but just so.

Having said that, I realize now that what I meant is NOT what was transported in the message above. Stating "I am the only person around here" (see asterisk) was meant to say "the only person where I live, in my gaming groups, etc" and also meant to transport the notion "I would not have anyone to purchase the book as a gift for".
It was NOT meant to deride the idea (which is, as I stated above, a nice idea, I think), nor to state that noone is interested in it.
If it was understood this way, I am sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Thorpe
United Kingdom
Birkenhead
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didnt read anything bad from your post and I'm sure no one else hates you either. I think you needn't have worried

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't leap on the kickstarter for the just the Character, it will be up on BGG within minutes no doubt, and no will be able to stop people playing it just like no one can stop you coming up with your own characters either so I wouldn't feel pressured into jumping a kickstarter you don't want to.

But it's a cool kickstarter, Ignacy is a pretty funny writer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
It says Ignacy will try to design a new character for Robinson, is this been confirmed? Will it be printed with the same components of the base game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He'll try and make a character is all the information given on the kickstarter. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a card shipped with the book, but really it could be anything, maybe just a PDF.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BathTubNZ wrote:
He'll try and make a character is all the information given on the kickstarter. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a card shipped with the book, but really it could be anything, maybe just a PDF.

I've tried messaging the people running the kickstarter and cannot get a confirmation if this will be an actual character card printed on cardstock like the base game or just something that is included in the book/pdf. If it's not a printed character than what's the point?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witek xxx
msg tools
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
BathTubNZ wrote:

I've tried messaging the people running the kickstarter and cannot get a confirmation if this will be an actual character card printed on cardstock like the base game or just something that is included in the book/pdf. If it's not a printed character than what's the point?

How about mini expansion for RC? (new scretch goal)
Will it be included to $10 pledge (pdf book)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
witekgreg wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
BathTubNZ wrote:

How about mini expansion for RC? (new scretch goal)
Will it be included to $10 pledge (pdf book)?

Another good question. Some answers would be nice so I can pledge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Perez
France
Paris
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
designer
Soon in retail !
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The answers have been given here.

In short:
- people who pledged for pdf will get everything in pdf: book, character and extension. But there will be an option for them to pay a little extra (about 5$) to get the bonus in physical form.
- the character and extension will be printed separately from the book in the same material as the ones in the game.
- the chances for delay are of 100%
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn.
I am sold.
Backed this one for the pdf version...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Itai wrote:

In short:
- people who pledged for pdf will get everything in pdf: book, character and extension. But there will be an option for them to pay a little extra (about 5$) to get the bonus in physical form.
- the character and extension will be printed separately from the book in the same material as the ones in the game.

But no confirmation about compatiblity with z-man edition. I assume it will have the same issues the portal edition of the latest expansion and have cards with different sizes and backs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the book is already of interest then sure the promo is a nice bonus but I would never buy the book just for the extra character and mini-expansion.

As there's no mention of them being exclusive, it's almost sure to wind up in the BGG Store, in a future expansion, in a future edition or offered by Z-Man at some point.

edit: added mini-expansion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
If the book is already of interest then sure the promo is a nice bonus but I would never buy the book just for the extra character.

As there's no mention of this being exclusive, it's almost sure to wind up in the BGG Store, in a future expansion, in a future edition or offered by Z-Man at some point.

The character appears to be a joke and not meant to be played. There will be a mini expansion that will be a physical thing. I wouldn't mind the book but really just want that. Getting both for $15-25 seems reasonable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
NuMystic wrote:
If the book is already of interest then sure the promo is a nice bonus but I would never buy the book just for the extra character.

As there's no mention of this being exclusive, it's almost sure to wind up in the BGG Store, in a future expansion, in a future edition or offered by Z-Man at some point.

The character appears to be a joke and not meant to be played. There will be a mini expansion that will be a physical thing. I wouldn't mind the book but really just want that. Getting both for $15-25 seems reasonable.

I get that, and obviously valuation is entirely subjective.

Again, if the book was of interest I can see the value. $15 just for just a mini-expansion (being that most "mini-expansions" sell for $5) is just not worth it to me personally, especially when it's not exclusive and will likely to be available later for a fraction of the price or as part of a later expansion.

To each his own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
NuMystic wrote:

I get that, and obviously valuation is entirely subjective.

Again, if the book was of interest I can see the value. $15 just for just a mini-expansion (being that most "mini-expansions" sell for $5) is just not worth it to me personally, especially when it's not exclusive and will likely to be available later for a fraction of the price or as part of a later expansion.

To each his own.

There is no guarantee it will be available later but you might be able to print your own from the pdf. I think its worth supporting Ignacy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
There is no guarantee it will be available later but you might be able to print your own from the pdf.

Which is why I used the word "likely".

LunarSoundDesign wrote:
I think its worth supporting Ignacy.

I support Ignacy when I buy his games and I wish him and the book nothing but success.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Perez
France
Paris
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
designer
Soon in retail !
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Robinson Crusoe character is no joke. The Legacy character card is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Itai wrote:
The Robinson Crusoe character is no joke. The Legacy character card is.

Yeah, my bad. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denmark
Bagsværd
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Itai wrote:

In short:

But no confirmation about compatiblity with z-man edition. I assume it will have the same issues the portal edition of the latest expansion and have cards with different sizes and backs.

As I read this form the KS update 10:
"2. Are the various characters/scenarios printed separately or inside the book?

Yes, they are printed separately - the Robinson character, expansion, scenario. On cardstock to match both editions of the game. The Legacy character is just a joke, not meant to be playable."

Would be the two English editions But again you never know... shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.