Subject: Mice Movement and 2 Player rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neil Maher
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I played this game last week after recently getting it from Japan (thanks Mandy!). She is Japanese and so can read the rule book with ease. Even for her some things were unclear. But one thing she was very definite about was how mice move:

If the space you want to move your mouse to has 1 dot then you need just 1 XP card to move there.

If the space after that has 3 dots then you need just 1 more XP card to move there.

If the space after that has 1 dot and you want to move to there all in one go you need a total of 5 XP = 1Xp to move to the first space + 3 XP to move through the second space + 1 XP to move on to the third space.

I was sure she was wrong but my wife was adamant that it even says in the rules that the movement function is often misunderstood and that it only costs 1 XP to move to a new space but to travel through the space you might need 2 XP or 3 XP.

2 Player Game Set-up:

In a 2 Player game after you have given each player a hand of cards the remaining cards are put in a pile to the side of the game board. This is the neutral non-playing 3rd player. When your turn ends and you want to discard cards you discard them to the 3rd player pile. Your opponent can take cards from that pile or your hand (if available). Otherwise the game plays the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mercedes (Mandy)
Japan
Setagaya-ku
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Tokyo Game Market here I come!
badge
Sorry if I'm slow in reading mails. I'm currently working hard on some Alley Thieves
mbmbmbmbmb
So glad you like this game. I like it a lot also. Everytime I play it, it makes me laugh. Your wife is correct

You only need 1XP to move to the next space, whether it has 1-3 dots on it. , but if you go over multiple spaces you have to pay all the XP/dots on the spaces between, plus at least 1 more for the space you land on.

Ooh, who won? Who saved the princess?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Maher
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
merc007 wrote:
So glad you like this game. I like it a lot also. Everytime I play it, it makes me laugh. Your wife is correct

You only need 1XP to move to the next space, whether it has 1-3 dots on it. , but if you go over multiple spaces you have to pay all the XP/dots on the spaces between, plus at least 1 more for the space you land on.

Ooh, who won? Who saved the princess?

My wife is always correct

And let's say that the princess is invariably rescued by girl mouse power! I tend to rush off up the board, reach the dragon and find I have nothing to defeat him with. Then I find all the banes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.