5 Posts

Star Wars: The Card Game» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Help a friend create a competitive deck rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Si Willis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi All. I need some help after getting my friends into the game, one friend has picked up (online) a copy of -
1 x core set
1 x desolation of hoth
1 x attack on echo base.
My bud is an ex Magic player and was a UK regional champion at it, so is wanting to establish a decent build with the above sets for playing Jedi and Sith in next years regional's.
His question to me was to make him a starting build with ONLY those cards available and to ask online forums for additional advice. He has no interest in getting edge of darkness (for the moment lol) but is willing to add further force packs to strengthen his deck building for Sith & Jedi.

So BBG help a guy out here. What force packs does he need to buy, leave and a couple of set numbers for a relatively strong set of 10 please!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2nd core set is a must for sith and jedi.

You can build a North American Champion Sith deck with just two cores.

Look on cardgamedb.com for submitted decks and you will see many sith decks with 2x Vader, 2x Palpatine, 2x Council of the Sith
For Jedi, it's best to throw Han in there and possibly Renegade Squadron Mobilization, but 2x Han, 2x Luke, 2x Guardians 2x Yoda is a good starting point for a Jedi deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Si Willis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Cool, will pass that info on AGAIN! But he wants a diverse deck and seemingly cant or wont understand its a LCG not a CCG lol
So with that in mind he wants strong force packs for either or both factions as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is the end; hold your breath and count to ten; feel the earth move and then; hear my heart burst again
badge
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Tennyson
mbmbmbmbmb
He will not be competitive with only one core. Tell him he will lose badly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Dawkins
United States
Fountain
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not a big advocate of picking up more core sets for the LCGs, but I think it's absolutely required for competitive play with Star Wars LCG, as the game is strongly luck-driven when players play with just one core set. Coming from a background where I played Magic, A Game of Thrones, and Netrunner, I thoroughly disliked this game until I picked up a second core set and saw how much it changed the luck of the draw. In my opinion, it will be very hard to build a deck with any sort of consistency without running 2 copies of the better objective sets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.