United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
Hrm so this could be more accurate than previously thought!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny thing is I just read this one yesterday... wrong, wrong, wrong (ish) I guess technically he ISN't in the special per se, hmm... semantics FTW??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vandemonium wrote:
Funny thing is I just read this one yesterday... wrong, wrong, wrong (ish) I guess technically he ISN't in the special per se, hmm... semantics FTW??
Or maybe he may still b, it would be one way for the surprise to still be a surprise, film a special. Also it may be (quote reasonably really) that most of the Doctors are just too old to pressie tier roles. Paul McGann is not (just).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! I might not always love the way Mr. Moffet writes the show, but he just opened up a big can of fun, new toys. I'm more geeked than before about the new season.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick B
United States
Sunnyvale
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this mini-episode contain any spoilers if I haven't seen the last few episodes of Season 7? thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
puckhead wrote:
Does this mini-episode contain any spoilers if I haven't seen the last few episodes of Season 7? thanks!

I'd say no. But then I haven't seen Season 7 either.

No, no spoilers for season 7 just a HUGE appearance of someone - I really didn't expect to see again! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vandemonium wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
puckhead wrote:

No, no spoilers for season 7 just a HUGE appearance of someone - I really didn't expect to see again! :cool:
Not really, as the only spoiler is not a spoiler as it goes not really link to the season 7 'surprise'.

It's like seeing the design of a new Starship enterprise, with out knowing it's the startship enterprise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
vandemonium wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
puckhead wrote:

No, no spoilers for season 7 just a HUGE appearance of someone - I really didn't expect to see again! cool

Why wouldn't you count the appearance of "someone" as a spoiler? ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
Karlsen wrote:
vandemonium wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
puckhead wrote:

Why wouldn't you count the appearance of "someone" as a spoiler? ninja

Sorta kinda, the very last scene of season 7 but it doesn't really spoil it, IMO. They reference each other if anything. But yea, there is an, uh, overlapping ball of timey wimey stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Beck
United Kingdom
Addlestone
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been a good 24 hours since I first watched it and still excited.

Can't wait for the 23rd now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Karlsen wrote:
vandemonium wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
puckhead wrote:

No, no spoilers for season 7 just a HUGE appearance of someone - I really didn't expect to see again! :cool:

Why wouldn't you count the appearance of "someone" as a spoiler? :ninja:
Not really as it explains who the person is, rather then announces their presence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Euen McMurry
United States
Columbia
Missouri
flag msg tools
Dangit, I was super-excited for the Day of the Doctor, and now this? I'm afraid if anything else awesome is revealed my brain may just explode.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't make out what the woman says after she says the doctor returns. The something and the something? Can anyone help me?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
puckhead wrote:

Just the one. But it's a big one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The one comment I've seen so far on my other board is that the person is stocking up on sake so that they can swear and curse when Moffatt fouls up the anniversary. Not if -- when. I wonder if people will be caught up enough in the party that they will be in a more forgiving mood for when the episode airs and things don't go the way they would have liked creatively.

Meanwhile, Yahoo reports that the incoming Doctor, Peter Capaldi, is only on a one-year contract, leaving the possibility open of another Eccleston-like early exit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael Hopcroft wrote:
Meanwhile, Yahoo reports that the incoming Doctor, Peter Capaldi, is only on a one-year contract, leaving the possibility open of another Eccleston-like early exit.

Well, he's a pretty big change from the last 3 Doctors...so it might just be a trial run - if audience reaction is negative, it wouldn't do to be contractually "stuck" with him for another 3 years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Euen McMurry
United States
Columbia
Missouri
flag msg tools
Michael Hopcroft wrote:
The one comment I've seen so far on my other board is that the person is stocking up on sake so that they can swear and curse when Moffatt fouls up the anniversary. Not if -- when. I wonder if people will be caught up enough in the party that they will be in a more forgiving mood for when the episode airs and things don't go the way they would have liked creatively.

I think Eccleston, Tennant, and Matt Smith all had to renew their contracts annually. Actually, I think that's standard practice for the BBC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
vandemonium wrote:
I can't make out what the woman says after she says the doctor returns. The something and the something? Can anyone help me?

At what point? What's the time at the point you're talking about?

Right after the ship crashes, the main woman says "and here he is at last the" 'something and the something'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
We will sing to you Doctor... the universe will sing you to your sleep.
mbmbmbmbmb
vandemonium wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
vandemonium wrote:

Right after the ship crashes, the main woman says "and here he is at last the" 'something and the something'

"...man to end it all."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leighton
England
Peterborough
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sungarden3 wrote:
vandemonium wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
vandemonium wrote:

"...man to end it all."

I thought that was very clear. The line wasn't mumbled, or drowned out by incidental music or explosion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virre Linwendil AnnergÄrd
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael Hopcroft wrote:

You been to gallifrey base I see. Some people will get annoyed at foul ups and mistreatment of canon (I sure am) others about Moffats continueing failures to have woman take a part as something else than ego boosts for the Doctor etc.

Michael Hopcroft wrote:

Well it means that they want to see how he plans out first, sounds reasonable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
andyl wrote:
Sungarden3 wrote:
vandemonium wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
vandemonium wrote:

"...man to end it all."

I thought that was very clear. The line wasn't mumbled, or drowned out by incidental music or explosion.

There, there not everyone is as perfect as you are, or has as good of hearing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
Sungarden3 wrote:
vandemonium wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
vandemonium wrote:

"...man to end it all."

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leighton
England
Peterborough
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vandemonium wrote:
andyl wrote:
Sungarden3 wrote:
vandemonium wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
vandemonium wrote:

"...man to end it all."

There, there not everyone is as perfect as you are, or has as good of hearing.

Well the point was there were bits, mainly McGann, which were a bit mumbled or drowned out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.