Adam Brocker
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
Omnigamer and Devourer of Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you've advanced your technology in the labs for advanced ingredients to get an advanced ingredient when you get 3 basic ingredients from a market action (breakthrough).

If you also have the Advanced Ingredient Importer, when you take a market action that has 3 basic ingredients, do you get 1 advanced ingredient (for the lab) or 2 advanced ingredients (for the lab and the importer).

Basically, does the lab effects trigger the Advanced Ingredient Importer effect, since you got an Advanced Ingredient as a direct result of the market action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Rosset
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abrocker wrote:
When you've advanced your technology in the labs for advanced ingredients to get an advanced ingredient when you get 3 basic ingredients from a market action (breakthrough).

If you also have the Advanced Ingredient Importer, when you take a market action that has 3 basic ingredients, do you get 1 advanced ingredient (for the lab) or 2 advanced ingredients (for the lab and the importer).

Basically, does the lab effects trigger the Advanced Ingredient Importer effect, since you got an Advanced Ingredient as a direct result of the market action.

Good question (I think this is covered in the Rules FAQ which is part of the PnP, but I will give a full explanation here).

The Advanced Ingredient Importer skilled worker only provides a benefit when you take advanced ingredients from a market action space. In the situation you describe, you are not receiving the advanced ingredient from a market action space, you are receiving it from your breakthrough research, so you do not get a 2nd advanced ingredient from the Advanced Ingredient Importer.

However, I want to make sure you are reading the research lab correctly. The breakthough advanced ingredients space should say "..at least 3 ingredients". That means any 3 ingredients, not only basic ingredients. So, there are situations when both of those abilities can activate separately on the same market action. For instance, lets say you used a market action to take the spot that gives you 1 advanced ingredient and 2 malt. Now you get an advanced ingredient from your breakthrough research, AND you get an advanced ingredient from your Advanced Ingredient Importer.

Does that help?

Thanks for playing the PnP, and I hope you are enjoying it!
-Ben Rosset (designer)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brocker
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
Omnigamer and Devourer of Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely clarifies the issue. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.