Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Packet Row» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ending a Round rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jean-Roger Duvauchelle
France
PARIS
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
After a round has ended prepare the next round:
• For each game area which has been chosen this round:
› Return the playing pieces to the corresponding players.
› Discard all remaining cards from the current supply on each game board to the corresponding discard pile.
› Move the cards from the future supply to the current supply. Draw one (four player game) or two (five player game) additional cards from the corresponding deck and add these cards face up to the current supply.
› Draw two cards from each deck and place them face up in the future supply.


My question is
: if an assistant has been used, there is only 1 card left in the future supply row ; in a 2 player game (for example), must I draw an additional card from the deck to complete the current supply ?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Åse and Henrik Berg
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you should draw enough cards to complete the current supply for the next round. So if any assistants have been used, more cards must be drawn.

Åse and Henrik (the designers)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bjørnar Løseth
Norway
Bergen
Hordaland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lohengrin75 wrote:


For each game area which has been chosen this round:
› Return the playing pieces to the corresponding players.
› Discard all remaining cards from the current supply on each game board to the corresponding discard pile.


I've got a question about this. Is an area considered 'chosen' if the harbour master has chosen the area, but no-one has taken any cards there? My hope is that at least one person has taken cards from that area for the cards to be discarded.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Bronswijk
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the harbour master has chosen an area, then all cards in this area must be discarded at the end of the round, no matter if any player picked up a card or not.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
/|\ Roland /|\
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thygra wrote:
If the harbour master has chosen an area, then all cards in this area must be discarded at the end of the round, no matter if any player picked up a card or not.


Are you sure about this? Can anyone else confirm? It makes sense to me that the player markers also serve to denote which areas were used that round.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bjørnar Løseth
Norway
Bergen
Hordaland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ath3ist wrote:
Are you sure about this? Can anyone else confirm? It makes sense to me that the player markers also serve to denote which areas were used that round.


This makes the most sense for me too...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bjørnar Løseth
Norway
Bergen
Hordaland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually think I will play it like this regardless of what the designers ment...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz Gorski
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes I have the same doubt's
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.