Popular Tags: [View All]
Allen Vailliencourt
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did anyone else catch in the Pacific Rules .pdf those words? Sounds like DoW is coming out with a Carrying Case with some really cool stuff.

I can't seem to find anything on the DoW site.

Anyone wanna spill the beans on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fiscus
United States
Maricopa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you dig a little deeper on the DoW forums, there is a post by an admin (whose name eludes me for the moment) that states something like this:

- Carrying case will be wooden
- It will be designed to hold all of the Memoir '44 Expansions and will inlcude extra room for future expansions. So far, that means it will hold the base game, Eastern Front, Desert/Winter map, Terrain Pack, and Pacific expansions
- It will include Air Combat rules and come with airplane miniatures which will then be back-compatible with scenarios from all sets and expansions (with instructions on how to make it so)
- It will also include a terrain modifier "cheat sheet" in addition to official errata from the previous editions

That was all off the top of my head, but I was pretty pumped about it when I read it. Actually, I'm still pumped. Woo-hoo!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Herbst
United States
Sayville
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds like a great package that I would definitely want to obtain. I hope the wooden storage unit is not absurdly overdone, however. I primarily want to buy it for the new rules, terrain effects cards and plane pieces; I'm not looking to buy some sort of 3D Settlers-Style Chest with a crazy price tag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex

Québec
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anybody know if the terrain hexes will be stored in separate compartements for easy set-up or if it's gonna be a huge mess like in my actual M44 box shake?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Figgins
United States
Woodland
California
flag msg tools
badge
http://lyrislaser.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Wooden? Interesting...but I guess it should be portable. I'm glad to hear it - this is definitely a big incentive to pick up those expansions, now that I know I'll actually be able to cart them around!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hautemont
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify a few points.

- We do not know yet whether the case will be wooden or otherwise.

- The case will indeed accomodate one entire set of expansions (including the upcoming Pacific Theatre) plus a copy of the base game, or two copies of the base game (for those into Overlord play)

- The case will not include a cheat sheet for terrains, but something much more useable directly, ie a complete deck of summary cards (along the lines of what is in the base game, only better and covering the whole game system)

Additional details will be posted online on our forum once we get closer to an actual release date.

best,

Eric @ DoW

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hautemont
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The terrain hexes will have their own compartiments (and multiple ones, at that) so that there is no mess inside the box.

eric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Defense
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to die if I can't have this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martijn Uittenhout
Netherlands
Hazerswoude
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I only need to know one thing: Where can I buy it?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't even have any expansions and I already want one! Gimme' Gimme'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fiscus
United States
Maricopa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Erich-

Thanks for the clarification. I know that a lot of what I read was a combination of fact and rumor, and I'm glad you cleared it up. Hate to be the bearer of false tidings. Oh, and I'm totally excited about the carrying case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hautemont
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
MrSkeletor wrote:
Does this mean Pacific will be the last memoir expansion?

Absolutely not! It just means that's all we'll talk about for now (and for this year, realistically)

Eric @ DoW

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric, I hope you make the card storage area big enough to accommodate terrain cards in plastic card protectors (a la baseball cards).

I'd vote for a production material that keeps the cost manageable (thereby permitting purchase of a second one to accommodate second base set, future expansions, etc.).

And let me lobby one more time for dedicated Italians and British (Crusaders! Crusaders!) in 2007. Please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert Dreifuss
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am also interested/somewhat concerned about this. Will the carrying case hold all expansions, current, future known, and future unknown??

Thanks,
Bert
www.dreifuss.org

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Vailliencourt
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric -

Thx for the post!

Can't wait for it to come out

~Allen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eli Smith
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think asking for a carrying case to fit all expansion sthat will ever be made for a game is a bit unrealistic (unless it was somehow made modular and the units the expansions were packaged in somehow locked into the carrying case... hold on.. gotta patent that one....).

I am looking forward to the carrying case, however I feel it will be a detriment to my closet space, as I doubt I'll have the heart to throw away the original boxes!

As far as price range goes, I'd probably not be willing to pay more for the case than the MSRP of the base game, just my thought, but I don't have much of a problem carrying around a bunch of boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Figgins
United States
Woodland
California
flag msg tools
badge
http://lyrislaser.com
mbmbmbmbmb
thesama wrote:
I think asking for a carrying case to fit all expansion sthat will ever be made for a game is a bit unrealistic (unless it was somehow made modular and the units the expansions were packaged in somehow locked into the carrying case... hold on.. gotta patent that one....).

It's been done, but not for games.
http://www.internationaltool.com/images/dremel/xprcase.gif
That's a carrying case for a Dremel power tool. You can buy accessory kits with bits and tips and stuff, and you can lock them into place on the case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eli Smith
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
It's been done, but not for games.

Japanses patent then...

Was more of a joke anyhow... I'm hoping to get a Dremel for father's day, want to make some custom wooden gameboards.

Ingenious Anyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thesama wrote:
I think asking for a carrying case to fit all expansions that will ever be made for a game is a bit unrealistic....

For those of us with 2 copies plus the expansions the case will be of no use.

The question is: will the planes and summary cards be available separately?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Goodwin
United States
Grayslake
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
GeoMan wrote:
thesama wrote:
I think asking for a carrying case to fit all expansions that will ever be made for a game is a bit unrealistic....

For those of us with 2 copies plus the expansions the case will be of no use.

The question is: will the planes and summary cards be available separately?

Really? Just depends on what sort of scenario you are going to play, right? The solution is just to buy two copies of everything, then you can fill two carrying cases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eli Smith
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrSkeletor wrote:

Why? There are only a finite amount of expansions that will be made for the game, I'd say at most 10. I don't see them still releasing expansions for it in 5 years time.
The case really should be one of the last things to come out for the line.

While it may be nice to say, and expect, but Let's say they don't quite get to ten, what if they stop at eight (due to market trends), then you've got a case much bigger than you actually need.

Then again they could be planning for the pacific to be the last expansion (then all major forces of WWII will have been covered...).

Now, I want a case to hold all of my Killer Bunnies expansions, and all that will ever be made...

(j/k picked that game due to the rediculous number of expansions...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Garcia
Venezuela
Caracas
Miranda
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thesama wrote:

Then again they could be planning for the pacific to be the last expansion (then all major forces of WWII will have been covered...).

No British? that is like saying whe do not need the russians, thay had lots of Shermans anyway

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Webster
United Kingdom
Winchester
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrSkeletor wrote:
Erich wrote:
MrSkeletor wrote:
Does this mean Pacific will be the last memoir expansion?

Absolutely not! It just means that's all we'll talk about for now (and for this year, realistically)

Eric @ DoW

Hmm, dunno if I like the case then. Unless it's going to hold the future expansions too?

I suspect it makes sense for a case to hold everthing needed for a game session i.e. 2 copies of the base game to play Overlord or one copy plus 2-3 expansions. Any larger and you won't be able to lift it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jouni Alanärä
Finland
Oulu
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Barry Kendall wrote:
Eric, I hope you make the card storage area big enough to accommodate terrain cards in plastic card protectors (a la baseball cards).

Seconded. At least my cards started to break after a year so I had to cover them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Murray
United States
Moorpark
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any pics of this thing flying around out there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.