Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Reed
United States
Saratoga Springs
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Howdy folks! Just started playing the game and am finding the rulebook lacking in answers. Can someone please explain how to handle the regions like Congo Basin and Sahara Desert when moving? Do I count it as a space? Do I skip right through it? For instance, I want to go directly from Lagos to Nairobi. Is that one space or 2 spaces? Also, if someone could point to me where in the rulebook(s) it explains the answer, I'd appreciate it so I can bust out my daughter's highlighters for future clarification. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonsher wrote:
Howdy folks! Just started playing the game and am finding the rulebook lacking in answers. Can someone please explain how to handle the regions like Congo Basin and Sahara Desert when moving? Do I count it as a space? Do I skip right through it?

You don't get to move to those locations as part of your normal movement - you either start in one of them at the beginning of the game, or encounters transport you to them. Lagos to Nairobi is 2 moves, and you have to go through Luanda.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't move into those regions. You follow the arrows or lines (whatever) on the map. Those regions are starting spaces that you can only move out of, but not into or through. Sometimes an encounter will place you there, but other than starting position or result of an encounter, you can't move into or through a region.

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Booth
United Kingdom
Bicester
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The relevant text is on page 9 of the Rules v2.0

Quote:
Regional areas and Islands: Some places on the board – such as Northern Territories or Siberia – are regions that players cannot enter with normal movement. As such they are marked only with arrows leading away from them. These areas are used as starting spaces, and in some Encounters. Players cannot choose to stay on regional areas or islands. They must leave on the turn after their encounter there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Reed
United States
Saratoga Springs
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
drb1004 wrote:
The relevant text is on page 9 of the Rules v2.0

Quote:
Regional areas and Islands: Some places on the board – such as Northern Territories or Siberia – are regions that players cannot enter with normal movement. As such they are marked only with arrows leading away from them. These areas are used as starting spaces, and in some Encounters. Players cannot choose to stay on regional areas or islands. They must leave on the turn after their encounter there.

Thank you, sir!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.