Recommend
8 
 Thumb up
 Hide
33 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Caverna: The Cave Farmers» Forums » General

Subject: Any updates on release dates rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Russell Woodland
New Zealand
Tauranga
Bay of Plenty
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

Got this one on my radar as I really enjoy Uwe's games. So just wondering if there is any further updates to the distribution of this game?

Who has a good deal on a pre-order?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheap, late Dec
http://www.miniaturemarket.com/mfg3501.html

Also Cheap, and good service. late Dec
http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/197671

Also Cheap, and good service. late Dec
https://www.gamesurplus.com/product_info.php?products_id=288...

Retail, direct. late Dec
http://mayfairgames.com/game.php?id=411&stock=MFG3501&name=C...

Essen copy, available next weekish, more spendy.
https://www.funagain.com/control/product?product_id=029129
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
For main distribution, I read December 20th somewhere.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Brown
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Man, Sub-creator, the refracted Light through whom is splintered from a single White to many hues, and endlessly combined in living shapes that move from mind to mind.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mfaulk80 wrote:
For main distribution, I read December 20th somewhere.


The Mayfair site has that as the date.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Erhardt
United States
New Baltimore
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
www.thecultofthenew.com has pre-orders available for Caverna for only $74.99!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Smith
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, went ahead and preordered. Was hoping for a Black Friday 10% off sale, but this was already cheaper.

Thanks for the tip! I never would have thought to look there.


MarkE13 wrote:
www.thecultofthenew.com has pre-orders available for Caverna for only $74.99!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
theintangiblefatman wrote:
Awesome, went ahead and preordered. Was hoping for a Black Friday 10% off sale, but this was already cheaper.

Thanks for the tip! I never would have thought to look there.


MarkE13 wrote:
www.thecultofthenew.com has pre-orders available for Caverna for only $74.99!

Aren't you going to pay more in shipping from Canada than you got in discount?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
theintangiblefatman wrote:
Awesome, went ahead and preordered. Was hoping for a Black Friday 10% off sale, but this was already cheaper.

Thanks for the tip! I never would have thought to look there.


MarkE13 wrote:
www.thecultofthenew.com has pre-orders available for Caverna for only $74.99!

Aren't you going to pay more in shipping from Canada than you got in discount?



Cult of the New has flat rate $22 to the US, or Free if you spend $150 or more. So maybe, depends on if he bought anything else with it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Smith
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I already had a couple of thing picked out to get to $100 on Coolstuffinc. It only took one more game to go over C$150 for free shipping.

Plus I've been watching the number of preorders left on Coolstuffinc for the last week or so, and they aren't going to make it to Black Friday.


Thunkd wrote:
Aren't you going to pay more in shipping from Canada than you got in discount?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
theintangiblefatman wrote:
I already had a couple of thing picked out to get to $100 on Coolstuffinc. It only took one more game to go over C$150 for free shipping.

Plus I've been watching the number of preorders left on Coolstuffinc for the last week or so, and they aren't going to make it to Black Friday.


Thunkd wrote:
Aren't you going to pay more in shipping from Canada than you got in discount?


Okay.... you responded to a quote about it being available at cultofthenew.com (a Canadian site) saying you preordered it. So it sounded like you bought it from them.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Smith
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I did order it from Cult of the New?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Thunkd wrote:
theintangiblefatman wrote:
I already had a couple of thing picked out to get to $100 on Coolstuffinc. It only took one more game to go over C$150 for free shipping.

Plus I've been watching the number of preorders left on Coolstuffinc for the last week or so, and they aren't going to make it to Black Friday.


Thunkd wrote:
Aren't you going to pay more in shipping from Canada than you got in discount?


Okay.... you responded to a quote about it being available at cultofthenew.com (a Canadian site) saying you preordered it. So it sounded like you bought it from them.


Translation: he already was planning to buy about $100 of games from CSI, so he instead bought all those things from cultofthenew.com and added in Caverna to get it over the C$150 free shipping threshold.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
theintangiblefatman wrote:
I did order it from Cult of the New?

I'm so confused then. If you were close to free shipping with CSI, why did you pay to have it shipped from Canada? Aren't you paying more in shipping than you'd save on the discount?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Thunkd wrote:
theintangiblefatman wrote:
I did order it from Cult of the New?

I'm so confused then. If you were close to free shipping with CSI, why did you pay to have it shipped from Canada? Aren't you paying more in shipping than you'd save on the discount?


Again, see my post above for the obvious explanation.


He was going to buy $100 of games from CSI to get free shipping (not including Caverna). Instead, he bought all those same games PLUS Caverna at cultofthenew.com, so adding Caverna pushed his total order over the $150 cultofthenew free shipping threshold. He's not paying shipping from cultofthenew, so there's no way for shipping to cut into his savings.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stevens
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
I protect the sheep in our society from the wolves.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance that there will be any copies of this for sale at BGG con?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morgan
United States
Simi Valley
CA
flag msg tools
MarkE13 wrote:
www.thecultofthenew.com has pre-orders available for Caverna for only $74.99!


Why would you use the word "only"? Or was it sarcasm?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Boyce
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
egamar wrote:
Well, the cheapest I've found it over here on pre-order is £55 plus £6 shipping. That's roughly US$100 or a couple of Canadian more. Seems like $75 is a good deal.


Where did you find it in the uk at that price?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morgan
United States
Simi Valley
CA
flag msg tools
egamar wrote:
Well, the cheapest I've found it over here on pre-order is £55 plus £6 shipping. That's roughly US$100 or a couple of Canadian more. Seems like $75 is a good deal.


I've only seen it for $75. Seems extremely steep for a game to me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morgan
United States
Simi Valley
CA
flag msg tools
The most I have ever paid for a game before, and I have games with lots of game in them, is about $70. This will be the most expensive ever.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Korner
United States
Tomah
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Also the most expensive game ive ever bought/preordered.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Henrique
Brazil
Recife
Pernambuco
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys, any update on the release date in the US?

I have preorders in CSI and MM and no news yet...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Boyce
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tormentin wrote:
Hey guys, any update on the release date in the US?

I have preorders in CSI and MM and no news yet...


No news over here in the UK too. I think we just need to be patient.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damjan Makuc
Slovenia
Idrija
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any info for english release?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Boyce
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
alkemist wrote:
Any info for english release?


Nothing yet.

egamar wrote:

I don't think we have much choice


It's annoying. I've played this game. I want this game.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Available NOW from BoardGameBliss in Canada: http://www.boardgamebliss.com/collections/new-dec-18-2013/pr...

$69.95 CAD plus $12 CAD shipping.

That's about $77 USD with the shipping.

The shipping cost is per order.

They also have Russian RailRoads for $42.95 CAD.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.