Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was looking for information on how to play this in a deck without everyone knowing exactly what card is coming up. I don't sleeve my cards, as it would involve way too much time, money, and effort and we are all very gentle with them anyway. Sleeving just the one card would make it stand out equally as much as not doing anything to it...

How do people use these in decks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shader
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are checklist cards for that set with normal backs. You mark that card, put it in your deck, and for all intents and purposes it is that card until you play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Santiago Pérez-Bergquist
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You need to either sleeve them (which most people do all the time anyway) or use one of the placeholder cards they included in the booster packs with the double-sided cards, which feature a Magic card back and a checklist of double-side cards on the front, where you're expected to mark the card the placeholder is standing in for. Once you cast the card, use the actual double-sided card instead of the placeholder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The full rules are here: http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=mtg/dai...

Basically, they made checklist cards (you can see one in the article) to act as placeholders if you didn't sleeve your cards.

If you're just playing casually, throw in a card off color from your deck, or something with the same cost that wouldn't go in your deck and make a note of it, so your opponent doesn't think you're cheating.

Or just write the name/cost on a basic land.

I've got a bunch here. If you want to GM me your address I could send you a few if you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.