Brian
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

I played my first game last night and have 2 questions/clarifications:

1) You can only USE items up to 2 hand icons, but you can CARRY as many items as you wish?

2) The only time the Doom track advances is when a gate is spawned in either the Arkham encounter phase or the Mythos phase at a location that is not permanently sealed - i.e. not a location that already has a gate (monster surge) or at a sealed location?

GREAT game - I cannot wait to play again!

Rlolar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Wilbur III
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some answers.
1) Yes you may carry as many items as you want. It's often a good idea to give those extra items to other player when you get a chance. But it can also be very handy to have one set of magical combat items and another set of physical combat items so you can deal with all types of monsters.

2) A doom token is added any time a new gate is opened. But if the gate doesn't open (for the two examples you gave or if the scientist is there), the doom token isn't added. A doom token is also added if the terror track is already at 10 and a new monster surge overloads the outskirts limit. I'm not sure but I think failure at some of the rumors might also add a doom token.

Hope this helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It did help!

Thanks for your time

Rlolar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Lindström
Sweden
Lund
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gilesclone wrote:

2) A doom token is added any time a new gate is opened. But if the gate doesn't open (for the two examples you gave or if the scientist is there), the doom token isn't added. A doom token is also added if the terror track is already at 10 and a new monster surge overloads the outskirts limit. I'm not sure but I think failure at some of the rumors might also add a doom token.

If the Terror track is at 10, why are monsters still being added to the outskirts? All new monsters should go to the game board since the monster limit in arkham isn't in effect anymore..

It is however true that if the terror track should rise above 10 for any reason due to some card or other effect, a doom token should be added.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.