Subject: Explosion next to an open door. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens to an Open Door when an explosion occurs next to it?

I know that when an explosion happens next to an open space it catches on fire, next to a closed door the door is removed and the fire does not spread in that direction, next to a wall a damage cube is placed, but what happens when an explosion occurs next to an open door?

1) Fire spreads to the adjacent space and the door remains.
2) The Door is blown off and fire spreads.
3) The Door is blown off and the fire doesn't spread.

I'm pretty sure it's not #3, but 1 or 2 is very plausible. Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Madsen
United States
Kearns
Utah
flag msg tools
Trains!
badge
Houseplant?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not looking at the rules at the moment, but I was under the impression that the answer is #2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb

Its 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the super fast responses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Schrempp
United States
Atascadero
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dlikos wrote:
What happens to an Open Door when an explosion occurs next to it?

I know that when an explosion happens next to an open space it catches on fire, next to a closed door the door is removed and the fire does not spread in that direction, next to a wall a damage cube is placed, but what happens when an explosion occurs next to an open door?

1) Fire spreads to the adjacent space and the door remains.
2) The Door is blown off and fire spreads.
3) The Door is blown off and the fire doesn't spread.

I'm pretty sure it's not #3, but 1 or 2 is very plausible. Thoughts?

I do not have the rules in front of me, but I think it is 1. I will have to look this one up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Kane
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
They'll tell you black is really white The moon is just the sun at night
badge
And when you walk in golden halls You get to keep the gold that falls It's Heaven and Hell
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, we've been playing it as #1, because it seems like an open door is an open wall for all intents and purposes. I was sort of wondering whether the door should also get blown off in the explosion. To the rules!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Madsen
United States
Kearns
Utah
flag msg tools
Trains!
badge
Houseplant?
mbmbmbmbmb
I checked the rules, and it is definitely #2. The answer is buried in 2 parts on page 5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Roberts
United Kingdom
Southport
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In fact 1 part towards the bottom of page 5 says "If a Shockwave travels through an Open Door, remove that door marker from the board; the door has been destroyed".

So it is #2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I read this too, but if the open door is directly adjacent to the epicenter of explosion, and the spot does not have a fire, there isn't a shockwave in that direction...

True?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Roberts
United Kingdom
Southport
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I see your point.

Further up on page 5, under explosions it says "Remove any door marker(s) that borders the Target space". (the target it's referring to being the point where the explosion occurs.)

I guess the use of the word "any" there means that doors directly adjacent to the explosion itself are removed whether they are open or closed. Ones further away are removed if there is a shockwave that hits them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.