Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Sentinels of the Multiverse: Shattered Timelines» Forums » General

Subject: How I talked myself into buying ST rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Watson
United States
Barrington
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We have the EE, with no expansions or promos. We - ok I - am very much looking forward to the Rook Relics Reprint (RRR: Rook City and Infernal Relics expansions in one box).

Since RRR is due to be available in a few weeks, and Shattered Timelines (ST) came out after Rook City and Infernal Relics, it would make sense to enjoy RRR first when it arrives, and then to get ST.

But I don't want to make sense. At least, not as much as I want new Sentinels heroes, villains, and environments. So here are my reasons/excuses for getting ST now:
- Sentinels product seems to stock out. Right now, the >G store lists five games, four of which are "Out of stock". The only one in stock is of course ST. So I should buy it before it stocks out.
- It is thematically appropriate to buy Shattered Timelines out of sequence.
- ST has the highest average rating of the three expansions released so far.
- Want more cards!

So, ST is on the way, due to arrive on Saturday. I'm particularly looking forward to The Dreamer, who sounds like a fascinating "villain".

Andrew
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Roedel
United States
Longview
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AndAgainMA wrote:

- It is thematically appropriate to buy Shattered Timelines out of sequence.


This made me happy.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AndAgainMA wrote:

- Want more cards!


I highly recommend printing your own copies of the promos. The files can be found here on BGG, and they don't need to be shuffled into any decks so the difference in quality won't matter. They are a very fun addition to the game.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike B
Canada
Whitby
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AndAgainMA wrote:
I'm particularly looking forward to The Dreamer, who sounds like a fascinating "villain".


The Dreamer is one of my favourite villains. She plays so differently than most others and makes you think a little bit more than just blasting the villain targets for as much damage as you can every round because you have to work hard to make sure she doesn't die.

I also only have the Enhanced Edition and Shattered Timelines (plus all the mini-expansions). I don't think it's a bad bed to get this one before the Rook City Reprint.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Over
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought ST after the EE as well. Did so because I thought the villains and new heroes were more interesting than those on the other expansions.

I think the Dreamer is a real-good change up from the normal villain challenge. Iron Legacy is also different since it is always one target; no minions, no device targets, but oh what a single target. La Capitan seems to be the one villain that frustrates me the most - you get the crew down and they just roll right back out. Kismet has some interesting cards, but seems to play punching bag for the heroes most games.

Per the promos, I printed out the file on a color printer, cut out the cards and put them into the same sleeves I use for all the other cards with a cheap Magic card as a "stiffener". Seems to work quite well and the promo heroes make a nice change from the standard hero now and then.

RRR will be purchased when it's available to fill things in, and Vengeance will be coming out early next year with more superhero goodness.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Noe
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Love live the Empress!
badge
For the Motherland!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
NinjaMike wrote:
AndAgainMA wrote:
I'm particularly looking forward to The Dreamer, who sounds like a fascinating "villain".


The Dreamer is one of my favourite villains. She plays so differently than most others and makes you think a little bit more than just blasting the villain targets for as much damage as you can every round because you have to work hard to make sure she doesn't die.

I also only have the Enhanced Edition and Shattered Timelines (plus all the mini-expansions). I don't think it's a bad bed to get this one before the Rook City Reprint.


Easily my favorite new villain. Throw in Absolute Zero for some really damage richocheting fun.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.