John Riston
United States
Greenbelt
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I'm looking to play my first PBEM game of HiS. My girlfriend got this game for me for my birthday and I'm hooked. If anyone is interested please contact me. Thanks, I appreciate your noob indulgence
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, sorry there wasn't room in the WGR game tonight.

Fridays are often a good night, so hopefully we can get in a game tomorrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Riston
United States
Greenbelt
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha ha, no worries, I understand. I'm not sure if I'm available tonight but perhaps next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
suPUR DUEper
United States
Villa Hills
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played several Ftf games but none by email. I am interested. What are the parameters and timelines?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Riston
United States
Greenbelt
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've created a game on ACTS called John Riston's game. Let me know when you've created an account and I'll sign you up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Gerdts
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
I'd like to play. Would be my first PBEM game (of any game, not just HIS), though I have a fair amount of HIS experience, in FtF and WGR games. I created an ACTS account under the handle Colonelforbin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Smith
Canada
London
ON
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'd be happy to join.

Played several Vassal PBEM games using Dropbox.
ACTS ID is stanpsmith

Stan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Riston
United States
Greenbelt
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume the latest version of VASSAL and the latest version of the HiS module will work? I know there have been version problems with TS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
ristonj wrote:
I assume the latest version of VASSAL and the latest version of the HiS module will work? I know there have been version problems with TS.

Both are being used for a different PBEM HIS game I'm currently in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel K
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ristonj wrote:

The Twilight Struggle module issues with VASSAL 3.2.x are due to its usage of custom Java classes. The HIS module contains no custom code.

As noted on its module page, it's best with VASSAL 3.2.7 or newer (it will work with any 3.2.x release, but unit elimination messages will report wrong locations with older releases, due to a VASSAL bug that was fixed in 3.2.7).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan C
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd join if you still have a spot available. I am currently playing one other HiS PBEM with Vassal/ACTS as the Protestant. I wouldn't mind doing this again, but would be willing to manage any power. Trying to boost my own experience with HiS, not having a lot of plays under my belt.

My ACTS ID is looleypalooley.

Jonathan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Riston
United States
Greenbelt
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I'm waiting on one player to create an ACTS account, then we can get started. Thanks all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
suPUR DUEper
United States
Villa Hills
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in...
supurdueper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Riston
United States
Greenbelt
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok I've begun the game on ACTS. I'll get you the VASSAL and Dropbox info later tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Blumentritt
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ristonj wrote:
Hi all,

I'm looking to play my first PBEM game of HiS. My girlfriend got this game for me for my birthday and I'm hooked. If anyone is interested please contact me. Thanks, I appreciate your noob indulgence :)

Is your g/f playing with you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Riston
United States
Greenbelt
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, not this game, but maybe the next one I play. She's been bugging me about playing face to face though. I'll need four more who are willing to sit through a 6+ hour wargame. Maybe I can bug some BGGers in the area...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ristonj wrote:
Nope, not this game, but maybe the next one I play. She's been bugging me about playing face to face though. I'll need four more who are willing to sit through a 6+ hour wargame. Maybe I can bug some BGGers in the area...

Our Con games usually run 10-16 hours for the full monty ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Blumentritt
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd sit through in person if I lived a bit closer to Maryland. :D Consimworld I think has a few Here I Standers in that area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.