Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan King (The Game Boy Geek)
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume if I don't give one of the negative point strategy cards to someone I get stuck with those points? For example my card said give this to any one that has a nuke in their Capitol for -2 points. There were no nukes shot this game. So I took the -2 points. Is that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Gill
United Kingdom
Mansfield
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I dont think this is clear in the rules.

We assumed you dont take negative points that are in you hand because they are specifically intended to be played against an opponent and the cards are supposed to be beneficial to the person who gains them.

We also scored positive cards still in your hand because you dont play the black cards but they count for scoring. However you make me question whether we got this right.

Sorry, not sure now , good question

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Abner
United States
Johnstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ian is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor B
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ian, you are correct on both count. Unplayed Strategy cards that give you point do count towards your final score, while unplayed cards that subtract point do not count against you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan King (The Game Boy Geek)
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow thanks Guys

This just changed the game outcome...

European Union 22
China 20
USA 20
Russia 20
Arab Caliphate 12 (he appeared to be in the lead the whole game so people ganged up on him a lot)

Bill this question should defenitely be added to the FAQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.