Deck
Evasive Maneuvers
Nature of the Beast
Mind Seize
Power Hungry
Eternal Bargain
      12 answers
Poll created by van00uber

3) What do you think of the Commander 2013 decks so far?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
I definitely look forward to building Sydri. Firstly, the artwork is awesome. Favorite artist by far!!

But my first commander deck was Karn, and my second was Hanna. Karn was never meant to be amazing, but is a fun novelty. Hanna was pretty good, but the game has evolved alot since then, since they've pushed the power of legendary creatures and mythic spells, often with commander in mind. A pile of u/w control cards isn't as good as it used to be!

But now, I can take those two decks and revamp them into one with Sydri, who is pretty much a straight upgrade to Karn, and uses the same colors as Hanna.

Also, it will be the first deck where I can really pile on some graveyard hate (All my other decks just abuse and/or ignore it.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen OConnor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Glass Bead Board Games
badge
Read my blog
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the shattergang bothers, I like their versatility and control in bigger games. I think that using Derevi with the Opal Palace is a great combo; and Oloro works well without even being played.

I think that the decks seem fairly well balanced, but mind seize is my favourite. I like the fact that you can play cruel ultimatum four times, if you mix it with the Mirari and the Echo Mage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
van00uber wrote:
I think that using Derevi with the Opal Palace is a great combo

To be clear... you do realize that if you're using Derevi's activated ability to put her onto the battlefield from the command zone, you aren't actually *casting* her, and thus aren't getting ANY counters on your Derevi from the Opal Palace (nor are you incrementing the number if times you've cast her from the command zone)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Owsen
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played with/against Derevi, Prossh and Jeleva. All of the decks seem fun and pretty well balanced so far (we are all pretty new to Commander, and I would say average MTG players). We've played straight out of the box so far, with no real modifications yet.

So far, my favorite to play is Jeleva, but I also like Prossh a lot too. I've only played against Derevi, and I think she's more powerful than she looks.

I have a few ideas of cards to add to Jeleva, starting with a Consecrated Sphinx and Reliquary Tower.

I have the other decks too, and will try playing them in the coming weeks. I've been wanting to play Commander with my buddies, and these decks have gotten them interested in the format, so yay!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.