Subject: Map Tile Wishlist (and a question) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darian Haplo
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
So, here's a few tile requests I have that I think could add even more customization to the game by adding more variations to the monster paths and making things like 3+ path maps possible.

1: A T-Intersection tile where the red and the yellow arrows that determine when the monsters take the fork in the path are reversed.

2: A Monster Switcher Tile (and or a 4-Way Intersection Tile) Where the red and the yellow arrows are reversed so that it's the red monsters that switch sides of the path (and, on the 4-Way Intersection Tile, the Yellow Monsters are the ones that turn).

3: Corner Monster Switcher tiles for both red and yellow monsters.

My question is this: Am I correct in reading the yellow arrows on the Monster Switcher and 4-Way Intersection Tiles to mean that the yellow monsters will move diagonally to switch from left to right paths?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Wilker
Germany
Lemgo
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I would like a bridge. Its a four way tile where monsters can go from right to left and over the bridge from up to down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wrot!
United States
Alhanbra
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
@Darian

Answer - Yes. This can help them dodge certain towers, get close enough to attack, and may determine the final path they take.

John
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sverker Johansson
msg tools
I like the bridge idea, while Darin's suggestions will probably add more to the gameplay, I'm a sucker for flavor. A fantasy TD game needs a bridge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darian Haplo
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
I agree, I think a bridge would be awesome. And it could definitely add a lot of strategic options for the Heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Smith
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
A tile I would really like to see is one that spawns a new monster every round or so, instead of every wave. It may have to begin the third monsters turn of the wave, for balancing issues. If the undead expansion happens, it could be a graveyard. If we get a sea expansion, it could be a certain island, and I am certain other themes could be thought up. And it may get it;s own wave chart and/or creature piles.

And on the topic of the sea expansion, that could open up a lot of tiles. Their would be water that only certain monsters/heroes with flying (or swimming?) could move through, unless a boat is used. Boats could be bought like towers. There could be shallow water which normal movement can be used to cross, but is penalized.

Anyways, those are my ideas for the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jurney
United States
Tooele
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just throwing this out there, but what if the bridge was also a 3D bridge?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Wilker
Germany
Lemgo
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jurney85 wrote:
Just throwing this out there, but what if the bridge was also a 3D bridge?!

*Drooling all over the place.* surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sverker Johansson
msg tools
A 3D bridge may be cool, but in a worst-case scenario we could end up with someting as horrible as the bridges in Carcasonne. On the other hand, a 3D bridge could be used on any tile and perhaps allow for interactions with nearby towers due to the hight of the bridge bringing passing monsters closer to the heroes in the towers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan B
United States
West Melbourne
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A 3D bridge could be cool, especially with the water tiles. Also, Jeff over in the game comments had suggestions regarding curves or splits the road that could be cool. They would be modified straight tiles so they could be placed anywhere, but instead of having the path in the middle of the tile all the way across, the wiggle section in the center of the tile would shift up or down (assuming the road travels east-west). This would create areas where towers couldn't be placed because the roads would be too close together. A split tile, on the other hand, would have a spot in the center where a tower could be placed and the road would wrap around it, which I think is pretty cool. I'll try to recreate the idea below:

w - grass (kind of looks like blades of grass) _ - road

Normal Straight:

w w w w w
_________
_________

w w w w w

Wiggle:

w w w w w
__w w w__
__\___/__
w \___/ w

Split:

w w___w w
__/w w\__
__ w w __
w \___/ w

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.