Justin Brauchler
United States
Mansfield
OH - Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know what happens in solo, but what happens if you take a chance at the dungeon (say with a drawing more cards ability) and you don't have enough attack power to kill the monster?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The monster goes to the bottom of the monster draw pile, and then monsters move forward and a new one comes out. Pretty much exactly as if you had beat the monster, except it doesn't go in your discard pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Brauchler
United States
Mansfield
OH - Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. Doesn't seem like much of a negative effect to the player. I feel like it should take xp or kill a hero or something. But I guess the negative effect would be that the player virtually "wastes" a turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Danish
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
justinbrauchler wrote:
Interesting. Doesn't seem like much of a negative effect to the player. I feel like it should take xp or kill a hero or something. But I guess the negative effect would be that the player virtually "wastes" a turn?

True, though most tougher monsters also have a battle or aftereffect which is usually negative. So risking the fight with those definitely does punish the player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, you basically waste a turn because you got no points added, and no new cards added to the deck (since you skipped the village to lose to a monster). You must still deal with all the battle/aftermath effects from the monster, and any raid effects of the new monster.

And sometimes, losing to a monster can be part of the strategy. If I still can't defeat a monster after using all the dungeon abilities from my cards, then I will select a monster based on what my opponents might do. If there is an easy monster with no bad effects, than I'll send that one to the bottom of the deck, so my opponents don't get the easy kill. Than that will make them deal with the other monsters which may force them to take losses to get those points. Or I will send the high point value monsters to the bottom, so my opponents are stuck with the low point ones.

It all depends on what cards I have at the time, which monsters are out, and any battle/aftermath effects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.