Titan» Forums » General

Subject: Broken miniatures: suggestions for type of glue rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael K.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Hoe, hoe, hee, hee!!? Zo werkt dat niet!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I am the proud owner of the set of Titan miniatures that was once included in the Valley games edition of this classic. As with many of the lucky few who received these figures with their game, they came in a special box but, alas, broken in pieces.

(picture of how they should look by MikeBwithoutadot)

The type of plastic Valley games uses is a bit different than other miniatures I have (they also used this type for the ships in Container) and I am having some difficulty in glueing them.
Has any of you kind poeple have any suggestion of which type of glue to use to 'heal' the titans?

Your advice is very much appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Bauer
United States
Reading
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Waste Water too
badge
Mid-Atlantic Air Museum
mbmbmbmbmb
My set came with one broken one. I used model glue from Testor's and it's held ever since.

Here's one page that will at least get you a picture; I don't know if this seller ships overseas:

http://www.testors.com/product/136635/3501X/_/Cement_For_Pla...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael K.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Hoe, hoe, hee, hee!!? Zo werkt dat niet!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I will see if I can find this glue (or something similar) around here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bestia immonda
Italy
Bologna
Bologna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My set never arrived

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Zimmerman
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nicktaruffi wrote:
My set never arrived :(

All these years later and you are still sad? Well, don't be. The miniatures were huge, cumbersome on the battle board, and of less than desirable quality. You're not missing much.

A better solution would be a set of 28mm Greek Hoplites (or comparable figures) simply painted in the appropriate color.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.