Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Turner
United States
Bexley
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, So I am just checking to see if I played this correctly.

Started the game with six survivors. needless to say, we searched while moving until we found the better weapons and the molotov parts.

So first, we immediately headed left, busted the door, and killed all the spawners on that side. opened the door to the switch room just in case there were any spawns in there. Did not flip any switches.(kept everyone blue)

Went back to the center and made a lot of noise. (here is the first question.) The abomination then broke through the barbed wire and headed for the purple door. (most noise, shortest route if doors were open). I think we played this correctly.

Then we headed to the white switch. (the abomination was still outside over by the purple door. We opened the white doors, three survivors went through, and then closed the white doors. All on the same turn. These three proceeded to clean up and clear out the entire side of the prison, (One person finally went yellow.) The players in the center hall continued to fire rounds so that all the zombies came to stand outside the purple door.

The three center survivors then headed to the white switch. the door was again opened and shut in one turn with two of the survivors heading to join the other three at the white door that goes into the yard. once everyone was there, we let all the zombies build up outside, and then opened the door and Belle threw the molotov. She earned 32 points which kept her one point from the red. The other four headed outside.

Belle then headed back to the white switch and traded positions with Kim who was still there operating the door. Kim then raced back up to catch the other four.

So now, Belle was in the prison locked down with no zombies. The other five quickly picked up the other three markers and blasted their way back to the white door where Belle let them in. Belle then flipped the purple switch (to get the achievement while no zombies were outside) and then switched it back to close the door. Lastly Belle switched the yellow switch and picked up the last achievement.

This scenario took a long time, but overall was not that difficult. And actually, if the five survivors did not make it back but at least grabbed the markers, We still would have won because we would of had a survivor in the prison locked down with no zombies.

Any thoughts? and is there anything that you could see that I might have done wrong?

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone else posted a similar 'solution'. However, I suspect that this scenario will get amended at some point. Some of the wording of the objectives and special rules imply that things should be done in a specific order. But this order is not explicitly stated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chas Bernard
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You played by the rules and took advantage of the scenario as presented. The scenario does have two big problems:

- Ability of characters to freely search at the outset, without fear of attack (beyond a walker), to load up with goodies - especially Molotovs.

- Ability to sit secure behind doors and lure those poor, dumb bastard Zombies.

I also think the safety of the guard towers can be abused.

Solution to fix? As of now I would play as if there was a sense of urgency - the survivors must accomplish the mission in as short a time as possible. Extensive play testing would reveal a turn limit; exceed the limit and lose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Without activating the yellow switch, I'm not sure if the Berserker Abomination will move. The rotating security gate has walls, which Zombies should ignore when determining a path. Nothing in the rules tells us to treat it as an open door for the purposes of Zombie movement. But that would mean all the Zombies would try to head for the white cell door leading out to the yard, assuming that door is meant to lead out to the yard.

Personally, I think the white cell door on tile 5B was meant to be on the door into that room from the rest of the prison instead of on the wall leading to the yard. It would lock away the objective in there, ensure that you must use the violet door to get into and out of the prison and it makes the whole structure make more logical sense. The only issue here is it removes all possible paths into the prison from the rest of the map, so perhaps the walls in the rotating security gate really should be considered to have open doors for zombie movement... or you just have the zombies build up in their spawn points until the yellow switch is pulled...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Anonymous
Germany
flag msg tools
Clipper wrote:
Without activating the yellow switch, I'm not sure if the Berserker Abomination will move. The rotating security gate has walls, which Zombies should ignore when determining a path. Nothing in the rules tells us to treat it as an open door for the purposes of Zombie movement. But that would mean all the Zombies would try to head for the white cell door leading out to the yard, assuming that door is meant to lead out to the yard.

Personally, I think the white cell door on tile 5B was meant to be on the door into that room from the rest of the prison instead of on the wall leading to the yard. It would lock away the objective in there, ensure that you must use the violet door to get into and out of the prison and it makes the whole structure make more logical sense. The only issue here is it removes all possible paths into the prison from the rest of the map, so perhaps the walls in the rotating security gate really should be considered to have open doors for zombie movement... or you just have the zombies build up in their spawn points until the yellow switch is pulled...

The rotating door is treated like a normal door.

Comment from GG on Facebook about it:
Me: "You use the rotating door to block the abominations and all survivors but one are beyond the door. .... will they still move up to the rotating door because there is more noise beyond it?"
Guillotine Games: "The rules don't change: they move toward the noisiest Zone as if there was no obstacle, but stop by obstacles."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.