Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Boyes
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 2 of the Ghost Panzer rules indicate that there is a download for a Band of Brothers Battle Manual.

I've looked at the Downloads section of the Worthington website and don't see it. Anyone find it?

It would be nice if it was a file here at BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mb
It won't be uploaded until next week (hopefully)....that one is on me. I had fully intended it to be out at the time of shipping, but I started fiddling. It will have all of the designer notes, extended examples of play, Terrain chart, and description of all the units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron A
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim Krohn wrote:
It will have all of the designer notes, extended examples of play, Terrain chart, and description of all the units.
Ahh, that explains a few things. It's been a few years since I've purchased a tactical wargame (don't have/never seen BOB:SE) and looking at Ghost Panzer I was wondering "where is the TEC," "where are the weapons ranges on the vehicles/guns?" and a few other things. I was thinking to myself, "well, they don't HAVE these things in the games any more, the state of the art has advanced beyond that." Nice to know the TEC is coming-- I figured out the answer to the range question on my own.

An expended example of play for vehicle combat would be MOST appreciated for us BOB system n00bs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Boyes
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm looking forward to the Battle Manual.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
grant wylie
United States
va. beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The printer was more on the job than even we expected. That was one reason I was printing shipping labels on Sunday, even though they didn't ship til Monday. I think we got it out quicker than even Jim thought we'd be able to.

Hope you enjoy the game!!!
Happy Gaming
Grant
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
No complaints from me. I got the game just in time to do a Ghost Panzer day at a local game gathering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also enjoying the game, but just wanted to print the Battle Manual (long flight coming up) but no joy. Not in the downloads section at Worthington, in fact the game isn't even listed except as a pre-order.

NOT complaining! Just looking forward to more material. The game itself is going on the trip with me and I look forward to some good gaming.

Also, a +1 to posting the Battle Manaual here when it is available.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Yes, I finished the Terrain Chart (part of the Manual) and posted it here already. Designer notes are also here.

The rest of the Battle Manual is still coming....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rolland Beach
United States
Viroqua
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where is Task Force 34? oops, the Battle Manual, the world wants to know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I was held up with holidays and my wife's surgery. I'm plugging away at it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rolland Beach
United States
Viroqua
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply. Understand first things first. Best wishes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Holidays or Surgery? Which is priority?

(I kid!)

Hope your wife is recovering fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A B
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has this been released? All files that seem like it bare a timestamp older than this thread...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Nope. I waiting on art...and I still have a little more work to do on it. I have prioritized other things because I am still waiting on the art.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr G
United Kingdom
Hatfield Heath
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The art has now been served sufficient canapés and cocktails.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A B
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, please let us know when the whole thing is up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
me me
United States
Sheppard AFB
Texas
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!
Yes, I'm very much looking forward to the Battle Manual. I was highly impressed with Mr. Krohn's interview and I'm sure it's taking a little extra time because the guy obviously wants it to be 'right'.

Trying to get my wife to take a chance on GP, to see if she might like it. Hey - She likes chess and she's from Belarus - what could go wrong?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
MENTE, MANU ET INSTRUMENTUM
mbmbmbmbmb
Kondor999 wrote:
Yes, I'm very much looking forward to the Battle Manual. I was highly impressed with Mr. Krohn's interview and I'm sure it's taking a little extra time because the guy obviously wants it to be 'right'.

Trying to get my wife to take a chance on GP, to see if she might like it. Hey - She likes chess and she's from Belarus - what could go wrong?
Erich, what interview?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: I speak EsperantoMicrobadge: Safe, Sane, ConsensualMicrobadge: Human RightsMicrobadge: MasochistMicrobadge: Vegan
isaacc wrote:
Erich, what interview?
Perhaps this one? :
[blogpost=27857][/blogpost]

Edited to add: well crap, I see the link has become broken; apparently the creator of the blog post I linked to deleted it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Quote:
Yes, I'm very much looking forward to the Battle Manual. I was highly impressed with Mr. Krohn's interview...
Call me Jim!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim Krohn wrote:
Quote:
Yes, I'm very much looking forward to the Battle Manual. I was highly impressed with Mr. Krohn's interview...
Call me Jim!
"Call me!" - Blondie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
me me
United States
Sheppard AFB
Texas
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!
Yes, it was on GoT. They also have a good one hour video on YouTube showing gameplay. Between that, the interview and the designer's notes that were posted here, GP officially became the first boardgame I've played in 20 years.

I was completely obsessed back in the 80's but lost interest due to a dearth of opponents after college, and all my wargaming was done on computers after that. I think I have every single PC, Mac and Amiga wargame ever published - even "Fire Brigade" for the Amiga!

But this game seems to get it so right that it pulled me back in. My wife was rather stunned to see me taking the time to sit down, set up, and play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: I speak EsperantoMicrobadge: Safe, Sane, ConsensualMicrobadge: Human RightsMicrobadge: MasochistMicrobadge: Vegan
Kondor999 wrote:
GP officially became the first boardgame I've played in 20 years.
surprise

You quit playing boardgames 20 years ago but joined BGG in 2007? I guess you missed boardgaming and were hoping to find information about the right game to draw you back into the hobby? This sounds like an interesting story...

Welcome back in any case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
me me
United States
Sheppard AFB
Texas
flag msg tools
Ok, now you will *know* I'm insane, because even though I haven't punched a single counter in 20-odd years, I've continued to buy games whose subject matter I found interesting. I just never had the time (or any opponents) to actually play them.

I did it mainly to pitch in and help game designers because it was "what I could do" to support my first, favorite hobby through some pretty lean years. I think of a good wargame like a collectible hardback book on a subject. Frequently, the designer's notes will distill many years of research on the subject into a very handy reference guide and are worth their weight in gold (literally, these days!).

My wife (of only 3 years) knows that I do this, and that's why she was so surprised to see me actually take a break from computer wargaming in order to set up and play Ghost Panzer.

It's been really gratifying to see what seems like a real resurgence in board wargaming! I thought for sure that PC games and other distractions would make it impossible for them to compete. And so I am rather overjoyed to discover that I was completely wrong.

Anyway, I hope that explains why I've got multiple bookshelves full of wargames that've never been 'punched'. But believe me - I read the rules and notes on all of them!

-- Erich

russ wrote:
Kondor999 wrote:
GP officially became the first boardgame I've played in 20 years.
surprise

You quite playing boardgames 20 years ago but joined BGG in 2007? I guess you missed boardgaming and were hoping to find information about the right game to draw you back into the hobby? This sounds like an interesting story...

Welcome back in any case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Boyes
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anybody seen the Battle Manual?

If it's not ever going to come out, I'd like to hear that too.

It would be nice to know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |