Subject: Really someone win this game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bermudez Jimenez Cesar /cesarmagala
Spain
Málaga
Málaga
flag msg tools
I love the game, but after 3 games, I don´t know how win.

The dificulty it´s very hard, and you need very very luck for win.

I think the game needs a change in the rules.

What it´s your impression?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Vitek
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lots of people win.
Don't change the rules! Figure out how to win. That's part of the fun of playing games. Try new things, do something different, spend a few minutes analyzing the game state.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spain
Málaga
Málaga
flag msg tools
Thanks Nick, but if I draw five or six cards of equipment and neither matches with the code chip. How I can do? That´s the problem.

In three turns they are about 12 spawn tokens. If I not found ammo, how can I do?

Really love the game, but it´s frustrating

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In three turns there should be 4 spawn tokens plus any from camera checks and searches. The game is difficult but i enjoy it alot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spain
Málaga
Málaga
flag msg tools
Sorry, I wanted to say three rounds

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Stripling
United States
Lowell
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the game is tough, and probably not all the times are winnable. I have played it only three times so far. The first time I used an easy, open set up, and we got really lucky with our draws and the location of the security code chips, and we won without too much difficulty. The second time was a solo game, and I almost won, but due to some unlucky rolls at the end the nemesis was victorious, with only four hit points left. The last time I played, I tried a more difficult set up, used the special room functions (with the exception of the fire icon) and we lost before even getting to the finale. Part of this was due to the fact that we couldn't find any black icons. We had searched all but two rooms available to us, and we couldn't find a single one, which is a problem because there were two black icons on the security panel (meaning we would have had to advance the darkness track twice to bypass it, which is pretty much an instant loss).

Because of this, I have considered the houserule of once the darkness track reaches level 3, allowing someone to draw until they find the symbol they need instead when searching instead of just taking the top card. They could only do this if no one has found that symbol yet, and the drawn item cannot be used and is discarded once used to unlock a door. But I want a few more games under my belt first.

But other than that, I would keep trying the game as is. Try with more open layouts, with cameras in less strategic places. Also, as to not finding ammo, make sure you're saving your ammo and letting the melee characters attack more. Lucy with her baseball bat is pretty dangerous, and Leo and his fireaxe along with Nina and her knife can be good options since even though they only roll two dice they help to preserve your ammo.

Keep striving! It takes awhile to learn how to survive the darkness. But if it's frustrating you to no end, add in a few houserules in the meantime to maintain your sanity and to keep having fun.
-ryanjamal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Meyer
Switzerland
Luzern
Schweiz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tato76 wrote:
Thanks Nick, but if I draw five or six cards of equipment and neither matches with the code chip. How I can do?

Change the code chip with Lucy.

By the way, I think I've lost my 4 or 5 first plays too. And now, I'm starting to win. Not always... but almost ;-)- Time to make the game a little harder. There are more than enoguh possibilities to do that ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spain
Málaga
Málaga
flag msg tools
I take two characters, you think it´s enough, or it´s necessary three or four?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Colpaert
Belgium
TEMSE
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem is not how to find the code and open the lab. The problem is how to defeat the nemesis. He goes way too fast and can not be destroyed before he reaches the 3rd corner room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Stripling
United States
Lowell
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's definitely way harder with two characters. If you're playing with two people, have each play with two. If you're playing solo, try three out.

As to changing the code chip with Lucy (and I assume you're playing with Lucy, as she's the best character), that only helps if the symbol you don't have is only on a door lock, and not on the security panel (though, you could bypass it and advance the darkness track one if it only appears once on the security panel).

Also, as a side note, try to optimize your searching. Get Lucy's searcher ability as soon as possible and search with more characters as often as you can.
-ryanjamal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Meyer
Switzerland
Luzern
Schweiz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A two character game is pretty tough! I would suggest to use at least 3 or better 4 characters. Do you play solo or multiplayer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Stripling
United States
Lowell
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
neo.colpaert wrote:
The problem is not how to find the code and open the lab. The problem is how to defeat the nemesis. He goes way too fast and can not be destroyed before he reaches the 3rd corner room.

Yes, but you can predict his route, so you can plan ahead and be waiting for him or her. Make sure you aren't all corralled right around the laboratory. Also, make sure you are moving two rooms per action point in the finale round. That helps to keep pace.
-ryanjamal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Colpaert
Belgium
TEMSE
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ryanjamal wrote:
neo.colpaert wrote:

Yes, but you can predict his route, so you can plan ahead and be waiting for him or her. Make sure you aren't all corralled right around the laboratory. Also, make sure you are moving two rooms per action point in the finale round. That helps to keep pace.
-ryanjamal

Then I suppose when you start to attack him, you start to disable his movement points first before his attack points? It's of course most tempting to lower his attack points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Meyer
Switzerland
Luzern
Schweiz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
neo.colpaert wrote:

Then I suppose when you start to attack him, you start to disable his movement points first before his attack points? It's of course most tempting to lower his attack points.

Yeah.... and shoot him in the back. He won't attack you then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Stripling
United States
Lowell
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
neo.colpaert wrote:
ryanjamal wrote:
neo.colpaert wrote:

-ryanjamal

It depends. If I think I can take out enough movement so that the nemesis can't make it to the first corner room on his first reaction, then I target movement first (unless I'm really wounded and am worried I'll die soon). Otherwise, I take out the red circles first, and target movement after the first corner room.
-ryanjamal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're only playing with 2 characters it's no wonder you're not winning. That's almost impossible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Smith
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seven games, one and a half wins (the half win was five characters but using the four-activations side of the boards.) Keep at it. When you finally win it feels like an actual accomplishment (even though my wife was not especially impressed.)

Edit: And DEFINITELY use four or five characters. Two is crazy hard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.