Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Sibicky

Washington
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
I haven't tried to do this in an actual game (yet) but imagine the following ship build...

Green Squadron Pilot (A-Wing)
Push the Limit
Engine Upgrade

Now, I know that your first reaction is to shout, "BUT ENGINE UPGRADE ON AN A-WING IS REDUNDANT AND STUPID!!!" Furthermore, the rules say that a ship "cannot perform the same action more than once during a single game round."

However, this A-wing would have (effectively speaking) two separate boost actions on its action bar. Does this open the possibility up of being able to boost, then PTL and then boost again?

Double-boosting A-wings sure sounds like a lot of fun to me...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse L
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Engine upgrade is not a separate action, it gives your ship the boost action, which it already has, so you still cannot do it twice. The card even says it adds the boost icon to your action bar.

Nice try, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nicksib wrote:
I haven't tried to do this in an actual game (yet) but imagine the following ship build...

Green Squadron Pilot (A-Wing)
Push the Limit
Engine Upgrade

Now, I know that your first reaction is to shout, "BUT ENGINE UPGRADE ON AN A-WING IS REDUNDANT AND STUPID!!!" Furthermore, the rules say that a ship "cannot perform the same action more than once during a single game round."

However, this A-wing would have (effectively speaking) two separate boost actions on its action bar. Does this open the possibility up of being able to boost, then PTL and then boost again?

Double-boosting A-wings sure sounds like a lot of fun to me...

You can't boost twice. See the FAQ.

However, if you take Daredevil and Engine Upgrade on Vader, you can do both a Boost and a Daredevil action on the same turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Dang
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or you can use Vader to pass an action onto someone who someone who naturally has Boost + Daredevil.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Sibicky

Washington
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Cptnhalfbeard wrote:
Engine upgrade is not a separate action, it gives your ship the boost action, which it already has, so you still cannot do it twice. The card even says it adds the boost icon to your action bar.

Nice try, though.

I know that I'm trolling (but only a little bit) here...but technically wouldn't I then have two boost icons on my action bar?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B.
United States
East Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nicksib wrote:
Cptnhalfbeard wrote:

Nice try, though.

I know that I'm trolling (but only a little bit) here...but technically wouldn't I then have two boost icons on my action bar?

Yes, but you can still only perform the same action once per round, and two Boost icons still perform the same action (the Boost action). FFG has made a very conservative ruling as to what counts as "the same action" in a round:

For instance, you can't use the action on two different Saboteur crew cards in the same round (even if you're willing to waste the points and crew slots on two of them) because it's considered to be the same action even though the sources are different crew cards. Similarly, you couldn't try and fix two different copies of the same damage card (e.g. two Damaged Sensor Arrays) in the same round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Ma
msg tools
That's not interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
glen.
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nick, PS, love your videos. Would love to see more if you ever got around to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.