1 , 2  Next »   | 

Sergeants Miniatures Game: Red Devils» Forums » General

Subject: The Devils have landed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Williams
msg tools
mbmb
I just picked up my Red Devils Kickstarter literally 20 minutes ago at Fall In. For those of you still waiting trust me it is worth the wait. I have not started opening stuff yet, I’m afraid that if I do, I will not get to enjoy the rest of Fall In. I will post some pictures later. I don’t want to completely ruin some of the surprise, but let me sum it up using the only word that comes to mind. “AWSOME!”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
DAKPzGren wrote:
I just picked up my Red Devils Kickstarter literally 20 minutes ago at Fall In. For those of you still waiting trust me it is worth the wait. I have not started opening stuff yet, I’m afraid that if I do, I will not get to enjoy the rest of Fall In. I will post some pictures later. I don’t want to completely ruin some of the surprise, but let me sum it up using the only word that comes to mind. “AWSOME!”

Well you're WAY ahead of anyone who expected to rcv this through normal shipping...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Has ANYONE rcvd any info on shipping yet? Just curious...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Morse
msg tools
DAKPzGren wrote:

Glad to hear you're happy with what you've gotten. Any chance if you happen by the booth tomorrow, you can ask what's the scoop on shipping for everyone? Second hand info is better than no info at this point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvey Weston
United States
Goshen
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What the &^%%^ is going on, they promised to ship, yet they are going to a convention and handing out the game. This isn't a kickstarter it is a kick in the @#$%. I will never do business with them again, Iam tired of their promises. Its a another UPfront for a different reason.devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hweston wrote:
What the &^%%^ is going on, they promised to ship, yet they are going to a convention and handing out the game. This isn't a kickstarter it is a kick in the @#$%. I will never do business with them again, Iam tired of their promises. Its a another UPfront for a different reason.devil

Red Devils is not on sale at the Convention, backers of the Kickstarter could arrange to pick it up there. They are not selling copies of the game before getting into Backer's hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Reed
United States
Jackson
Missouri
flag msg tools
I'm BullTaco and I approved this message.
badge
Mess with the Bull.....
mbmbmbmb
Yea and they were suppose to be on their way BEFORE Veterans Day...and still not even a shipping notice......I'm pretty tired of all the fancy write ups and facebook posts of pics....really wish their were better communication for sure....its a cool game...but the managing of it has been pretty poor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
bulltaco wrote:
Yea and they were suppose to be on their way BEFORE Veterans Day...and still not even a shipping notice......I'm pretty tired of all the fancy write ups and facebook posts of pics....really wish their were better communication for sure....its a cool game...but the managing of it has been pretty poor.

+1 thumbsup...no argument from me on that! shake...poor communication during this KS campaign will lead to hesitation to jump into any future ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rohrer
United States
Medina
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jason,

I am at Fall-In, but didn't KS it, so I will have to wait till next month before I get mine. I was able to put a pre-order in for one of everything new coming out this year. And I can't wait for the kewl stuff being released during the first part of next year.

If I see you tomorrow, I'd be happy to play a scenario with you. I 'll have my stuff with me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MayorJim wrote:
bulltaco wrote:

+1 thumbsup...no argument from me on that! shake...poor communication during this KS campaign will lead to hesitation to jump into any future ones.

+1 thumbsup

Yeah, this KS campaign has been a cluster%@*% to be sure. Bad communication and making promises that kept being broken isn't a way to get people to back any future KS campaigns.

Congrats to Jason for getting his game, and while I'm happy for him and others that were able to pick up their games at Fall In, this feels like another kick in the nuts, like all the convention pictures during the summer did because the "braintrust" was out and about while nothing was getting done for RD.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahma wrote:
MayorJim wrote:
bulltaco wrote:

+1 thumbsup

Yeah, this KS campaign has been a cluster%@*% to be sure. Bad communication and making promises that kept being broken isn't a way to get people to back any future KS campaigns.

Congrats to Jason for getting his game, and while I'm happy for him and others that were able to pick up their games at Fall In, this feels like another kick in the nuts, like all the convention pictures during the summer did because the "braintrust" was out and about while nothing was getting done for RD.

Rome burned while Nero played his fiddle .. Or went to the game con
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bowker
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Red Devils IS shipping while other members are at Fall In. They are not abandoning what they promised just to come to a convention. I spoke with Rob this evening and he said that things are progressing as planned for shipments.

They have so much going out and so much to ship that they may not be able to update shipping notices right away. Would you rather have them shipping the product or telling you they are shipping the product? I would rather have the operation keep getting product out the door than worrying about a shipping notice that may not even be read.

They aren't Amazon but rather a smaller company with a big task. I have received packages from Amazon before I ever got a shipped notification. I suspect Amazon has a couple more employees than LBG.

Everyone will get your items. Shipping is not an instant process. Items have to be sorted, gathered, packed, checked for accuracy, and then shipped. Even if a package goes out this week then you are at the mercy of the shipping company. I remember a package, from Amazon, that took a week to go across the state of NJ. I could have driven there and back in a couple of hours but whoever the shipper was took a week.

I used to work for a company that shipped books. It takes time. With several hundred employees and a fully automated warehouse it would take a few weeks to ship out all of the orders for a major title. That would basically be full cartons of a book going to a store. It is a lot easier to put a full carton on a conveyer than it is to put together a ton of totally different packages and get them shipped.

I notice a few vocal few that seem to be constantly blasting LBG for virtually everything. It just gets tiring to see such nice people get raked over the coals constantly for doing their job. If you can offer constructive help on how to do these various tasks better and to improve the operation I am sure that they would be willing to listen. All of the dealings I have had with all of the people that I have met have been great experiences.

People are human and may do things that you don't like or in a manner that you don't like but, if you want the product you deal with waiting for it to be handled in the way that the company has decided to handle that task or you offer ways to help. That is just part of being an adult.

I work with young adults and they have a better attitude about things than a lot of RD backers. I want the game just as much as everyone else. I have been here every step with each person here but I made the decision to come to Fall In and to pick it up here. LBG didn't forbid anyone from coming. You may think it too far or too expensive but that was your choice not LBGs.

Sorry to preach but I think that the utter contempt that people are expressing is reminiscent of upset children rather than adults.

Rather than grousing about it bone up on the game, play a few games of DOD and happily await the arrival of your package. Think of it like an unexpected gift when it arrives. Enjoy it and share it with others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Come on...they stated early on that the stuff was almost ready to ship, okay, then they said it was going out on 11/12, a week later than Jeff intimated that it would go...still no info if it shipped. This has been a customer service disaster Imho . The product may still be great...but I'll tell you, the last three orders
I've had from them have had problems...I'm not confident that this one will be any Better shake...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael,
Thanks, most especially for the first two paragraphs. That was real news that we have all needed.

Quote:
Red Devils IS shipping while other members are at Fall In. They are not abandoning what they promised just to come to a convention. I spoke with Rob this evening and he said that things are progressing as planned for shipments.

They have so much going out and so much to ship that they may not be able to update shipping notices right away. Would you rather have them shipping the product or telling you they are shipping the product? I would rather have the operation keep getting product out the door than worrying about a shipping notice that may not even be read.

I suspected that they might be pursuing a "ship now, send notice later" policy to move more boxes faster but I could not get confirmation of that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvey Weston
United States
Goshen
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not one person has stated they have got their game by mail, so if they are shipping where are they.
It takes seconds to put out a notice as to the disposition of the game, yet this company has been silent this week, when they promised it was shipping.
Childish you say, how about good business, taking care of your customers. They were so customer friendly before, what happened to this company. Yes the delays are disappointing but information is the key.
Again I ask has one person received their game by mail, if not it was not shipped this week, and no information when it will ship.

Iam happy that some lucky individuals got their games at convention. But the game was suppose to ship this week, not drive 400 miles to pick it up.

The game is great, the service was great. The kickstarter is a disaster as far disappointments and information. So tell me Iam childish I just expect better communication that has been delivered so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bowker
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hweston wrote:
Not one person has stated they have got their game by mail, so if they are shipping where are they..

I don't purport to be an expert on all things shipping, for all companies but most will start with shipping the furthest away packages first. Since this game is being played all over the world that would be Europe and Asia not the United States.

As I mentioned before, the book company I worked for did mass shippings and this was always the standard. These packages took longer to arrive so, they shipped first, and the closer you are to the shipping point the later it took.

Maybe those people got shipping notices, I don't know, I haven't talked to anyone in Asia today. Is that how LBG is doing everything, I also don't know. I just know that to meet the needs of ALL the customers, in the most timely manner, that is what one, large, international company, with a huge operation did.

Should more updates for shipping go out, maybe. Has there been mistakes made, maybe, but, and I am sure others can speak to this more, it is a small company, not some global conglomerate. I just don't understand why people are getting so hostile, so quickly, about shipping dates, and why it hasn't arrived. If they said it would ship this week and you haven't heard anything in a week or two, then I could see politely contacting them and asking (the key being politely), but getting this upset, when they said the games are shipping seems odd to me.

They say it is shipping, I was told last night it was shipping, I have no reason to doubt that it is shipping. Patience, fellow SMG players. Good things come to those that wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Pseudonym
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pvi99th wrote:
Lots of good stuff; Read the post.

I lean toward agreeing with this post more than disagreeing. While communication could be better, I am not worried about the shipping as much. We know it's happening and we should all be gaming by Thanksgiving.

I try to remember two things, one is that I have met many (most?) of the employees here or there and the feeling that I walked away from was that they are very good people. The second thing is that LBG is a rather small company and while Red Devils is on everyone's mind, it is just an expansion to a larger game that they have to also keep working on along with other games that are produced by LBG.

I can understand being disappointed and perhaps being wary of future projects but I don't get the rage that is starting to crop up. I recall that 40% of SMG sales are over seas, so if that holds true to Red Devils and they are shipping the farthest first we may be on target depending on how long it takes to ship a box. I have no idea.

That said, has anyone there at the con heard about anything NEW?

-Jeff M.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Williams
msg tools
mbmb
Didn’t mean to strike a nerve but I shouldn’t be surprised because I agree with comments from both camps.

This was my first Kick Starter and it has been a crazy ride. No one could have predicted some the events that IMHO could have completely derailed the Kick Starter by themselves, core staff member’s teenager having a stroke, a piece of equipment failing despite constant maintenance and your core server failing in such a fashion that the failsafe’s don’t even save it. Taken together it is amazing that Red Devils came off at all. Despite all that Red Devils is coming, your pledges from 9 months ago have resulted in an amazing product.

Could the communication have been better, YES it could have. The long intervals without any communication about what was happening were frustrating to say the least. I think that Lost Battalion Games is addressing the issue. Over the last month or so there have been more updates and they have been more frequent. Are they prefect, no but I believe it is a step in the right direction.

During the Red Devils game last night I was talking to Rob Belli and he said that shipments had been going out and that they were working the weekend in preparation for a big shipment on Monday.

I understand the frustration that those who are waiting for a package in the mail are feeling, when those who drove to the convention got our stuff first. I have been on the other side of that fence many times before.

Most recently with the Zombicide Season 2 Kick Starter. They let people pick their orders up at Gen Con in August! I just got mine Tuesday! While I’m on the subject Zombicide is a Kick Starter I will never back again. I walked into my local FLGS two weeks ago and there was Zombicide Season 2 on the shelf and I still didn’t have mine and I backed the Kick Starter. When I sent off an inquiry to the company, I eventually received a shipping notice that it was on its way, no apology, nothing. They failed to mention that it was strapped to snails back.

Where am I going with this?

Red Devils won’t be on the shelves for a while (at least not until next year) so that those of us who put our faith in Lost Battalion Games can enjoy the rewards of our Kick Starter pledges.

My initial post was to let the community know that Red Devils was here and that it was everything we had hoped for and then some.

When Lost Battalion Games does their next Kick Starter if it is something I am interested in I WILL BE THERE AND I WILL PLEDGE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvey Weston
United States
Goshen
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I for one will not be there for the next one. I have invested in six kickstarters and only two have completed and not on time. I will reserve my money when and if the games make it to market, rather than them experimenting with my money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bowker
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Just started opening things and found a big surprise...

There is a ton of stuff in the box.

Looking forward to opening everything, which may take quite a while.

As for updates, Jeff assured me that the shipping is going forward, and there are staff are working on getting the game out while some management is at the convention.

It is going out and will be landing soon. It may not be personally delivered by a LBG staff member but you will get it.

One thing I wanted to mention is that a lot of items are in the RD box. You may have the maps for rules and cards for a set in the shipping box but the maps are packed in the RD box. You may have to sort things but it seems to be the best way to pack things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damen Parker
Oman
Northampton
Muscat
flag msg tools
Trust me. You know it makes sense
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for sharing (and ruining the surprise surprise)
The personalized box is a nice touch. I take it you were the ninth backer?

I am looking forward to unpacking this beauty when it arrives. And subsequently breaking it out on the table even for just a solo run through until my next 'proper' game.

Cheers
D.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bowker
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just removed that surprise picture from the post. Thought people may want to see the box but never thought about the surprise value. Sorry about that folks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damen Parker
Oman
Northampton
Muscat
flag msg tools
Trust me. You know it makes sense
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL I was kidding about ruining the surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bowker
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I honestly just was surprised and didn't even think about it. Probably the kid in me.

There is a LOT of stuff in the box. Thought about trying to get something set up tonight but it is going to take a bit of time just to sort things out.

Wow! What next??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is an explanation from Debbie Billings about why folks are not seeing the "normal" shipping notices for Red Devils.

Quote:

"Since these orders did not go through our online store, they do not generate an automatic email. With processing orders (which have to be hand selected because of the customization) and our convention, we have not stopped for emails. Becky and I are still getting out orders and I will start the email chain on Monday."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.