Popular Tags: [View All]
Elliott Harding
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

I'm trying to search the Trade forum, but I'm running into problems. For example, I'll click 'Search' and type, for example, "Flash Point" in the 'Keywords Search' dialog box. I will then highlight 'Trades' in the 'Search Forum' box and click 'Submit'.

I will then get Flash Point messages from all different forums instead of just messages with Flash Point in Trades only? Hope this makes sense.

Also, can I ask about trades in the specific game forum instead of through the Trades forum?

Thanks,
Elliott
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think what you want is

http://boardgamegeek.com/trade

Make sure you enter some items as "for trade" in your collection, and then you can search for matches.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Charney
United States
Saint Louis
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I find the easiest way to look for trades is using this tool
Bazaar > Trades > Custom Search

or just click on this link http://boardgamegeek.com/trade/custom

To make it work, you have to maintain in your collection the the items you have up For Trade and the items you want in trade. (maintained under My Geek)

Its still requires some work to find a trade partner who sees the trade as a Win-Win, but I've had a good deal of luck with trading. It's given me the opportunity to cycle my collection and get more NEW (to me) games than I otherwise would be able to afford (or have room for).

Best of Luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.