Subject: Possible error in First Missions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Travis Arnold

Fairfax
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I believe there is an error in First Missions. In rule 2A3d: maximum speed is 32 hexes, by giving your ship a baseline of 24 plus one extra hex of movement per the 8 impulses.

However, it states that 1 energy point has to be expended per impulse. I thought the rules stated it is 1/2 a point per impulse. If anyone can clarify, please post. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How much a ship spends per impulse is actually determined by the ship, and is written on the SSD.

Note stack of boxes on the bottom left side. The white box at the top of that list says "Move Cost 1". That particular ship costs 1 energy point per hex moved.

Typically your CA ships cost 1, smaller ships cost 1/2, 1/4, or even 1/8 and larger ships cost more.

Fleet scale ships (the backside of the card) often cost half of the squadron scale.

The First Missions rules assume you are using the provided ships, which are all 1 move cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Arnold

Fairfax
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The fleet scale ships they have on page 30 have 1/2 cost listed on their card. That was my confusion. However, thanks for pointing out that the ships have the cost listed on them. Been too long since I've played and had to refresh my memory. Thanks again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem. Enjoy the game. It's fun. I miss some of the cooler features of SFB, but man... who has time for SFB?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Arnold

Fairfax
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No kidding. Fed. Com. is as good as it gets for me when I have to scratch that 'I have 2 hours to defeat that ISC heavy cruiser, not 6,' itch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Ames
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As to the original point, I read that section of First Missions to mean that one movement point had a cost for a Federation heavy cruiser of 1/2 energy point.

I expect that other ships would have different energy costs for one point of movement.

Regards,
-Drew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.