Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
:C.h.r.i.s. M.c.G.o.w.a.n:
United States
Elk Grove Village
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be there one of those days, maybe both.

I know they've had open gaming space in the past - hope to see other BGGers there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kotarski
United States
Flint
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there with my wife on Saturday!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Graning
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are going. Wife, Son, Dad and I will be there on Sunday.

Sunday is Grandparents day so kids can take their Grandparents for free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Elk Grove Village
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be taking my 9 year nephews whatever day works into their schedule. They are in Cub Scouts and get in for free too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lisa EP
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are going on Saturday. I can't find any info about sellers or stores that will be there. Or anything about games to play. Last year Rio Grande was there and one local store had a really nice setup. I can't even remember which store it was.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kotarski
United States
Flint
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw the Mayfair and Ravensberger will be there. So that's something. Two years ago Cat and Mouse Games Store was there selling for a couple specific publishers. Out of the box has been there in the past, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lisa EP
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good. I'm hoping to see some decent prices on games and fill my bag. Maybe it was Cat & Mouse that was there last year. They did have tables out to play Catan, Nuns on the Run and Hey, That's My Fish which all seem to be Mayfair.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Devine
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there on Sunday. Last year there was a booth there Sunday afternoon where they were blowing out their games. I picked up La Citta, Hacienda, Medici, San Juan and Puerto Rico for $5 apiece.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lisa EP
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hentzau wrote:
I'll be there on Sunday. Last year there was a booth there Sunday afternoon where they were blowing out their games. I picked up La Citta, Hacienda, Medici, San Juan and Puerto Rico for $5 apiece.

$5 each!!! Maybe I should go on Sunday instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Elk Grove Village
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LisaEP wrote:
Sounds good. I'm hoping to see some decent prices on games and fill my bag. Maybe it was Cat & Mouse that was there last year. They did have tables out to play Catan, Nuns on the Run and Hey, That's My Fish which all seem to be Mayfair.

I was at ChiTAG today and had a great time browsing the vendor booths and the Inventor Challenge (youth game designs). There was also the Illinois Yo-yo State Championship competition on a stage which was really cool. The young kids were really good at their routines.

C&C Games was in attendance and is likely the vendor booth where low prices are possible. Many RGG titles for low prices and many for decent prices.

I suspect if you make their 2PM and/or5PM raffles on Sunday you can make out very nicely - they seem to want to blow out inventory rather than pack and ship it back home. I won one game and got a nice deal on their "blue light" specials.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Elk Grove Village
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jguitarstring wrote:
\

Nice to see you and your wife (a future yo-yo competitor I suspect) at ChiTAG. Hope you stayed warm for the Michigan Ave parade - the windy city was cold today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kotarski
United States
Flint
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
UsanaChris wrote:
jguitarstring wrote:
\

Nice to see you and your wife (a future yo-yo competitor I suspect) at ChiTAG. Hope you stayed warm for the Michigan Ave parade - the windy city was cold today.

Was great to see you, too. We have met before right? I was so trying to put my finger on it while we were chatting. GenCon?

And dude! It was almost too cold to enjoy the parade but we had a great time after all was said and done. And we ended up going back to the Fair to day with the kids for a couple hours. Our four hear old, Claire, was in heaven!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Elk Grove Village
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good memory - GenCon 2012.

I almost did not recognize you without a mesh trucking hat on your head. But your voice was the giveaway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.